• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Pricewise, what is your line in the sand?

Nah, you guys have it all wrong. The Lars Teten, now that's where it's at!!!

Sweet...I wonder if it's their Stained Knickers blend. I hear everyone on the Internet wants them but can't get them.

I'd pay $800 a box for those!

I'd buy one just because the name...

Holy shit, that was a quick one. Butthurt, LOL. The only one getting butthurt is Mr. Austin himself. How can you live in Austin, TX and not know about one of the best breweries in the country?

Grammar police, didn't go to grammar school. Pretty damn funny.

BF, tell me you are not referring to Lone Star beer. I make better soap suds than that beer.

I've been smoking cigars for a lot of years. I don't chase the fad cigars or drink the Fuente Kool-aid anymore. There are certain brands that I won't buy, because their prices are just ridiculous. I understand supply and demand. I just refuse to accept "well they'll pay it" which is what I actually heard from a shop owner who was pushing Between The Lines for $40 a stick.

The #1 stick that I refuse to pay the asking price for is the Liga #9. Steve Saka can stick a saka in it. I'm not paying over $300 for a box of nicaraguan cigars, like ever! Fuente ranks high on my list and so does Don Pimpin'. Yes, Don Pimpin', because that's exactly what he does to the average cigar smoker, pimp us. I had that conversation with Don Pepin in person, so it's nothing he doesn't already know. With that said, I will pay $300 for a box of Cubans though. AJ Fernandez has been a good alternative to Don Pepin. Nicaraguan smokes that don't break the bank. Strong and tasty.

Totally agree on the number #9s. I have had several and I just do not get the demand. I love don 'Pimpin" sticks as well. Great prices for great cigars.
However I am not a huge cuban fan. I have found one cuban (out of many) so far that I would pay $300 a box for. My buddy recently gave me 2 cuban cohiba 2007 limited edicion and it was good but not great and I certainly would not pay more then $10 a stick for that experience. Lots of hype around cuban cigars IMHO. I know there are many of you who will disagree with me but that is how opinions go.

Fortunate for me I live in a state (MI) where cigar tax is 50c straight. When I buy fuente rares and other rares I pay actual retail and not the inflated prices many people pay in the US. My line in the sand is $25-$30 but it has to be a very rare cigar like a 45 year padron.

UPDATE: Just bought some ISOM's and I can officially confirm they are harder to purchase than the Dominican and Nicaraguan cigars I purchased a few weeks ago. It took me a full 45 seconds longer to fill out my credit card info. So I guess technically...
I bet I can get it done faster...post your cc info and I'll order some.

Depends on the day and the cigar. I enjoy the Kool-Aid sometimes. I enjoy unique cigars, and sometimes pony up the money for them. I won't purchase at gougers prices though because I don't want to support that behavior.

I love this forum i swear :)

OP would pay 1200 for a gun and then probably spend another 1200-1500 in extras to put into it and shoot it a few day out the year but not spend 300 on a great box of cigars that would last at least 24 days if smoked once a day.

Anyways, to answer the question my like would probably be 10-15 a stick. Of course being a beginner a lot of money at the moment will be spent on samplers or 5 packs trying to find what i like and others like it.