• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Primary reason for being "into cigars"

If I am breathing, I am smoking. The enjoyment of a good cigar is definitely one of life's pleasures. The fact that I get to experience it 4-6 times a day is a beautiful thing.

The camaraderie, collecting and accumulating are all by products of the act of smoking. Some people just smoke their cigars and have no contact with other smokers. My dad was like that. He smoked his Macanudo Prince Phillips, would never try anything new, and never in his life did he hang out at a smoke shop and interact with other smokers. There are more people like my dad was, than there are people like us who take this hobby of ours to a different level.

Master... I'm curious, what is your opinion of the Macanudo PP? Any special feeling when you smoke one because of your Dad?

The Master said:
If I am breathing, I am smoking. The enjoyment of a good cigar is definitely one of life's pleasures. The fact that I get to experience it 4-6 times a day is a beautiful thing.

The camaraderie, collecting and accumulating are all by products of the act of smoking. Some people just smoke their cigars and have no contact with other smokers. My dad was like that. He smoked his Macanudo Prince Phillips, would never try anything new, and never in his life did he hang out at a smoke shop and interact with other smokers. There are more people like my dad was, than there are people like us who take this hobby of ours to a different level.
[snapback]252951[/snapback]​

Smoking cigars is a great time for me to relax and think about various issues or to not think about any thing other than a cigar. I enjoy the learning experience from the forum perspective and meeting the people that are here because of the vast amount of knowledge and friendships that can grow.

Jabba, I never smoke them. I smoked one when I didn't have anything to smoke, but would never smoke them if I had a choice. They are mild boring cigars, I tried like hell to get my old man to try something else, but he loved his Macs. He also liked the value he got from them. He thought he was getting a nice big cigar for a decent price. He only ordered from JR. I turned him on to JR back in the mid 80's, and he ordered from them exclusively. He used to by from LJ Peretti and D Ehrlich both famous Boston tobacconsists.

My grandfather also smoked cigars but I never knew what kind. I still have his humidor as well as my dad's.

The Master said:
Jabba, I never smoke them. I smoked one when I didn't have anything to smoke, but would never smoke them if I had a choice. They are mild boring cigars, I tried like hell to get my old man to try something else, but he loved his Macs. He also liked the value he got from them. He thought he was getting a nice big cigar for a decent price. He only ordered from JR. I turned him on to JR back in the mid 80's, and he ordered from them exclusively. He used to by from LJ Peretti and D Ehrlich both famous Boston tobacconsists.

My grandfather also smoked cigars but I never knew what kind. I still have his humidor as well as my dad's.
[snapback]252962[/snapback]​

I really like stories like that... thanks for sharing Master.

For me, it is the smoking.
Collecting is all about getting good cigars to smoke.

As stated multiple times above, smoking a cigar is 45 min to an hour of pure relaxation.

I smoke which makes me relax. I wasnt into saving cigars at all. Always bought and then smoked them. I had my humidor pretty much empty for over 2 years till a friend hounded me enough to start filling it up and save. Well, in a year, I managed to fill it up. Nothing to fancy yet, but do have some nice sticks I got this year before I found CP and since, been taken care of with some nice sticks too.

I find smoking a cigar as a social thing. I do not like smoking by myself so my friends get alot of good smokes for free. So its about saving, collecting, sharing, and meeting new people that enjoy the same hobby as I do, Cigars.

smokeing, byfar smokeing, collecting just seems to be a bad habet of mine, at the rate that i smoke them, im set for the next 3-4 years, yet that dosent seem to stop me. So im going to go with smokeing

I enjoy the smoking, generally more so with a group of cigar smokers than by myself. Collecting has become a large part of it, as the more cigars I try and hear about the more I want to try different smokes. Now if I could only convince my wife that I'm actually investing ...