• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Privacy trees for backyard, ideas?

Check out the Thuja Green Giants

Evergreens that grow approx 30' @ 3-5 feet per year.

You can pick up 1 gal size (24-30") for about $14 each online. (check out botanyshop.com for the best price on them)

I hope this helps

~Mark
I like that a lot too, the growth rate is incredible. I have ordered from botanyshop before. They say these trees can be trimmed to any height or width.

I was set on the Thuja but it says zones 5-8. I live in 4-5, do you think it will be ok? The tree can handle heavy ice/snow loads and is hardy down to -15 F. It gets past -15 quite a few times every year. I hope this tree will work, it is perfect.

No, they are barely zone 5. That's why I recommended the Junipers. They are probably the most suitable trees I can come up with.

Ok, I will look into those. Unfortunately those are a lot more pricey and the width is less so I would need more of them...

Fatman, how are the Blue Point Junipers? I can get them a little cheaper. The height is a little shorter than the skyrocket and the spread is a little wider.

Thanks

Thank you, I will measure and see how many I would need/cost. Thanks again.

Dan