• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Private Matthew Beach needs our help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

preembargo

Sleeping not so peacefully
Dear BOTL and SOTL I come to you with a great need:

For those of you that don't know Private Matthew Beach, he is a Chaplain's Assistant in the Army Reserves, studying full time to become a Youth Pastor at Christ for the Nations college, and working full time as campus security. Matthew has recently felt Gods calling to the mission field and he needs your prayers and support to accomplish this goal. Here is a letter he's written about the trip:

Dear Friends and Family,

In Matthew 28:19, Jesus commands us to, "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations…" This is our Great Commission, and this summer I, Matthew Beach, plan to obey this command by ministering the Gospel in India.

India, located on the southern-most part of Asia, is one of the most densely populated countries in the world. It is also a country in terrible crisis. This lost culture practices the worship of 300,000,000 false gods, and child sex slavery and forced labor are common. Clearly the people of India are in desperate need of the truth our team will be bringing.

Our Mission:

On May 9[sup]th[/sup], 2010, twenty Christ for the Nations students, alumni, and staff, including myself, will leave Dallas, TX for Chennai, India for three weeks. We will be partnering with a CFN graduate whose ministry rescues children from sex slavery and forced labor camps, and teaches them about the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We will also have the opportunity to visit and minister to local pastors and host a weekend crusade.

In order to make this possible, I am reaching out to anyone who will stand behind me in taking this vision to India. I need to raise $3,800 to cover the cost of travel, food, and housing for this 21-day mission. I am trusting in the Lord to lead my brothers and sisters in Christ to help me bear the financial burden that this mission will cost. I am at $1,290 as of now, and I need another $2,510 by April 13[sup]th[/sup].

Would you prayerfully consider becoming a part of this endeavor to share the Gospel? If you are interested call or text me at (817) 701-8026 or email me at mdbeach89@yahoo.com your gift will be tax deductible if you choose to give online at the following link: https://www.cfni.org...e35cf434e5d90c2

You can also mail your gift to: 321 W. Kiest Blvd, Box 80, Dallas, TX 75224. Make sure to leave a return address so I can send a thank you letter and a certificate of appreciation. Thank you so very much and please remember the entire team in your prayers. The field is ripe for the harvest. Thank you for helping send laborers into the field.

Your Brother in the faith,

Matthew Beach

As you can see it is getting down to the last days. Matthew has decided should he not receive the donations, he is going to use his college tuition money. Mike and I don't want to see that happen. Please consider helping him out – even a few dollars makes a difference. God Bless You and keep you safe.

Julie Beach - Bargogirl

Very cool and I wish I could help. I may be doing a missions trip to India later on this year. My grandfather has been doing ministry over there for about 50 years now and is ready to make his last trip so many of us in our family want to go do it with him to see what his legacy has done over there. Macedonian Ministries is what his ministry is called. Anyhow, good luck on the trip and stay safe!

No offense Mike/Julie but I think this crosses the line into the politics/religion no-no zone, what with the whole 300 million false gods thing.

Edit: meant 300 million not 3 million lolmybad

No offense Mike/Julie but I think this crosses the line into the politics/religion no-no zone, what with the whole 3 million false gods thing.

I agree...

6.) Absolutely no discussion of ‘touchy’ subjects. This includes political and religious discussion. This is a cigar forum. We pride ourselves on running the friendliest cigar community online. Discussion of politics and religion does nothing but create tension between members.

Hmmmm............. I'd just lock this down before it goes any further and just leave it as it is. People will read and do what they want.

Thank you Phil. I agree. (I just didn't want to be the first to maybe start controversy again! :))

Lagos, Nigeria.
Attention: The President/CEO

Dear Sir,

Confidential Business Proposal

Having consulted with my colleagues and based on the information gathered from the Nigerian Chambers Of Commerce And Industry, I have the privilege to request your assistance to transfer the sum of $47,500,000.00 (forty seven million, five hundred thousand United States dollars) into your accounts. The above sum resulted from an over-invoiced contract, executed, commissioned and paid for about five years (5) ago by a foreign contractor. This action was however intentional and since then the fund has been in a suspense account at The Central Bank Of Nigeria Apex Bank.

>> You get my drift. :laugh:

C'mon now...

The thread has been reported, let's just leave it alone.

Lagos, Nigeria.
Attention: The President/CEO

Dear Sir,

Confidential Business Proposal

Having consulted with my colleagues and based on the information gathered from the Nigerian Chambers Of Commerce And Industry, I have the privilege to request your assistance to transfer the sum of $47,500,000.00 (forty seven million, five hundred thousand United States dollars) into your accounts. The above sum resulted from an over-invoiced contract, executed, commissioned and paid for about five years (5) ago by a foreign contractor. This action was however intentional and since then the fund has been in a suspense account at The Central Bank Of Nigeria Apex Bank.

>> You get my drift.
laugh.gif

C'mon now...

The thread has been reported, let's just leave it alone.

Glad you got to that post before I did Jon....

BTW, John, I agree with you!
thumbs-up.gif

I also found this in bad taste, but it's obvious many of you don't know preembargo (Mike) very well. He doesn't have a dishonest bone in his body.

Doc.

I had already removed it when you replied to me...

I also found this in bad taste, but it's obvious many of you don't know preembargo (Mike) very well. He doesn't have a dishonest bone in his body.

Doc.

Very true, which is why I didn't appreciate the Nigeria Scam email fraud reference, it was a bit out of line.

Status
Not open for further replies.