• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Problem Seasoning Humidor

Aspiring Gent

I have a solid cedar humidor and am trying to season it but humidity just stays at 60 I have calibrated the hygrometer and still stays at 60 after several days. I have a shot glass of water and the humidifier in it anyone any suggestions?

So is there nothing u wud do with it? I've heard of people having to leave solid cedar humidor a for longer as it takes time to soak in

I would post an introduction, read the rules and expectations of the forum and fill out my profile if I wanted any help here.

Oh, and post a picture of said humidor.

i wudnt do nuthin! doesnt sound like a good quality humidor or a crappy seal

Aspiring Gent said:
So is there nothing u wud do with it? I've heard of people having to leave solid cedar humidor a for longer as it takes time to soak in

There's only one person I ever heard of trying to make a humidor out of cedar. Then his meth lab blew up and killed his cat.

^^ :laugh: ^^

Then he got crazy and started licking beads!  ;) 

To the OP Ilikefishes gave you a good advice as to what to do first here before asking anything to anyone. Plus, dont be afraid of using the little search thing at the top of the forum page, it's small but caries a shit loads of infos ! 

tomthirtysix said:

There's only one person I ever heard of trying to make a humidor out of cedar. Then his meth lab blew up and killed his cat.
I have a humidor I made out of 3/4 inch Spanish cedar.  It has been a wonderful humi.  Never had humidification problems, or any other problem.  So now, you know 2 :laugh:

If you have a a shot glass of water inside the humidor, and the humidity is no more than 60%, then i think it's a sealing problem.
Maybe you should try to put the water in something with larger surface area to see what happens...

broblues said:

I have a humidor I made out of 3/4 inch Spanish cedar.  It has been a wonderful humi.  Never had humidification problems, or any other problem.  So now, you know 2 :laugh:

Spanish cedar ≠ cedar

tomthirtysix said:

Spanish cedar ≠ cedar

X2

I would wipe the inside panels of the humidor with a damp rag moistened in distilled water, and repeat the process every few hours. If you are using the correct cedar, it should soak in, in a reasonable amount of time. You may consider adding a few drops of "PG" to the water (a debatable topic), to get more bang for the buck.

Gurrzt said:
I would wipe the inside panels of the humidor with a damp rag moistened in distilled water, and repeat the process every few hours. If you are using the correct cedar, it should soak in, in a reasonable amount of time. You may consider adding a few drops of "PG" to the water (a debatable topic), to get more bang for the buck.
How about you click this LINK read the rules at the top and start there! Your entire post is debatable not just the PG part! A couple guys pointed you towrds doing this and you keep disregarding that!

Paul

Personally, I would never wipe the wood. It could warp. You must be patient, if you rush it probably won't turn out very well.