• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Proper Humidity

Gunpowder

Cigar Search & destroy V 1.20
Ok, I like 70% for my domestics but now that I am starting to get access to ISOMS maybe 68% would be better....

Anyways I heard 70% is better for longterm storage. As an anal biologist ...That didn't sound right/ Incert Edit: As an inquiring Biologist, I have to ask: Any scientific facts to back this up.

I have an igloo that is calling for some beads and a small humidor that could use an upgrade too. Maybe 70% for the iglodor and 65% for the humidor????
who knows???

Its all tobaco so why does its origin really matter! 70/65/68???

Anyone care to beat a dead horse again :D

As far as the different cigars liking different humidities it's the construction not the variety of tobacco.

Coban cigars use booking rather than the "entubar" form of rolling which created a slightly tighter draw. The tighter the draw, the less humidity required to make ti smoke right (tobacco swells when exposed to moisture).

I am doing an experiment right now keeping several types of cigars of which I have doubles at 65 and 70%. They havent' stabilized for long enough to smoke yet.

But ask any vet of humidity expert on here and they're gonna tell you to go with 65%.

The 70 for storage, 65 for smoking thing is something I have thought of al well.

IME 65% tops. I'm actually keeping my "to be smoked" humi at 60% right now and am loving it. It actually fluxuates from about 60-62% because I'm paranoid of it being below 60%. I likes mine dry I guess but that doesn't mean everyone does. Mainly I find the draw and burn are so much better dry.

Gunpowder said:
Ok, I like 70% for my domestics but now that I am starting to get access to ISOMS maybe 68% would be better....
70%, 68%, same thing. Many hyrdrometers have a larger range of error that that, to begin with! Ok, maybe not larger range - but close to it anyway. I would say that the lowest increment that should even be discussed is 5%. On the ISOM's topic: I've personally only had one in my life. So I'm no good there. However, I do have a couple in my dors (thanks CP!). I suppose I'll smoke them on one of those occassions when I say "Oh Crap! I haven't checked my humidors in a while!." And then I go to my Brita water and fill up the little hockey pucks. That ought to be low enough (humidity) for a great cuban experience!

Gunpowder said:
yada yada yada

...Anyone care to beat a dead horse again :D
Nooooooooooo, it can't be, anyone care to beat a dead dog again, or beat a dead cat again, ya ALWAYS gotta beat the dead horse. :angry:

Touch that horse again and I'll kill ya pard. :lookup: :sign:

Horse said:
Gunpowder said:
yada yada yada

...Anyone care to beat a dead horse again :D
Nooooooooooo, it can't be, anyone care to beat a dead dog again, or beat a dead cat again, ya ALWAYS gotta beat the dead horse. :angry:

Touch that horse again and I'll kill ya pard. :lookup: :sign:
[Tasteless Threadjack]

Because that is the only one we have a picture of ???

Image remove in respect to all animal lovers....Just had to make a point...I think

[/Tasteless Threadjack]