• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Proposed FDA Regulations on Cigars

ironpeddler

Ye Old Newbie
These anti-smoking zealots are clueless. It seems all they do is make claims based on unsubstantiated data...or no supporting data at all.  

....and where are the CRA folks? 

LINK

I would like to know where they got 2007 as the cut off date.

The Washington Times, really? Damn, I can't think of a more reliable source.

Doc

ironpeddler said:

Where indeed, Gary.  Didn't hear squat in WA state when they passed the smoking ban that essentially killed cigar lounges in WA.  Dissapointing.

BlindedByScience said:

Where indeed, Gary.  Didn't hear squat in WA state when they passed the smoking ban that essentially killed cigar lounges in WA.  Dissapointing.
A few years back they had a majority of the house signed up as co-sponsors of a bill that would exclude cigars from FDA regulation but they failed to push to bring the bill up for a vote and ended up loosing a number of the co-sponsors in the election. I kind of lost faith in the CRA after that. They seems to talk a mean game but appear to be kind of short on action.

Well then......I suppose that means even if CC's are allowed to be imported because the trade ban is lifted they would still be illegal unless they file the onerous paperwork and pay the study costs?  I'm not sure I read that correctly but would that be the case?

BlindedByScience said:

My Father who recently moved to the Tri-Cities commented on this as well, not much in terms of B&M in the area....
He's adding heating and cooling to his workshop and it'll have to suffice..

Very sad, not much more I like than sitting at the B&M and cutting up with BOTL..

Seems like this place is turning in to Nazi Germany...  So sad...   :(

The best, most efficient way to lose an argument on the internet, or any place else, for that matter, is to invoke the Nazis.

Doc

Devil Doc said:
The best, most efficient way to lose an argument on the internet, or any place else, for that matter, is to invoke the Nazis.

Doc

Was talking about the FDA and federal regs in general.   :0

Which doesn't even come close to Nazi oppression and does a disservice to all of us, especially those targeted by those people.

Doc

Whatever you say Doc.  Oppression and limitation of freedom of a person's rights starts small and then grows if left unchecked.

When they fill cattle cars with cigar smokers and bring them to concentration camps to be gassed, then you might have a point. Until then, making comparisons between our nanny state and Nazi Germany are inappropriate and belittles the suffering of the victims.

Doc

Whatever you say Doc.  Everyone has their own opinion on life...  Regardless on how wrong or misguided s/he would be.  

Comptalk you're not only disrespecting Doc, a class act here and top notch citizen, but a veteran? Are you simply trying to start sh!t? Let's keep the opinions here away from politics and stick to cigars? Sound good?