• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Propylene Glycol - what store(s) sell it

Brucifer

I've read that pharmacies sell it; went to a Rite Aid and asked...the lady looked at me like I asked for Kryptonite.

Any suggestions?

chemistrystore.com

they sell it by the gallon, bought two earlier this year cant remember the price

ads

You can call Eckerd drug and they can get it in for you in one day. Let them know what you need it for and they will understand..... :D :thumbs: :D

My local Eckhard wanted like $8 for a pint when I was using PG. I want to suggest you get premeir media beads instead, they are really THAT much better.

If you still want to go the PG route, you should look to an animal feed and supply store or perhaps a vet. PG is used to treat and prevent ketosis in dairy cows and also to dilute other meds. You can get it for around $12 a gallon from online animal health product stores, so I suspect it won't be much more at that sort of place locally. I find its much easier saying "I recon Bessie's got the ketosis again" than explaining why you need to maintain a specific high humidity level in a small closed envronment (can you say shrooooom?)

Matt

Thanks much for all the replies - much appreciated. It took several phone calles, but I did find a pharmacy that ordered a pint for me for around $8 & got it the next day.

The more I read about the beads on this & many other sites - I do think I'll get those eventually. They sound very dependable & low maintenance. I needed something right now though and have read it can take several weeks for the beads to be delivered once ordered.

Wow Matt - I never thought of the shroom thing - lol.

Propylene Glycol

Would this be the same liquid Thompson's sells as thir liquid solution for humidors? I assume, mixed 50 / 50 with distilled water?

Thanks

Rider1212

Rider1212 said:
Propylene Glycol

Would this be the same liquid Thompson's sells as thir liquid solution for humidors? I assume, mixed 50 / 50 with distilled water?

Thanks

Rider1212
Yes it is the same thing. They charge way too much.

Propylene glycol is a raw material at work. PM me if you need some.

Thanks for the offer, but I already got a gallon.

Just wanted to make sure that is what I needed

Rider