• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

PSD 5 EL 2008

mmburtch

Sleep deprived and cranky
Any reviews yet? Thanks to the falling Euro, I may just be doing my own review soon, but thought I would see if any of you cigar chasers had had a go at these .

Any reviews yet? Thanks to the falling Euro, I may just be doing my own review soon, but thought I would see if any of you cigar chasers had had a go at these .

I have heard that out of all the EL's for this recent release the Cuaba is the only one that really stands out. I wouldnt mind spliting those.

I have heard that these are not worth chasing down. The Cuaba is good and the Monte is hit or miss. I have yet to try them personally though.

Cuaba ~ Decent

Monte ~ needs some rest, but not as bad as the partagas

Partagas ~ No good at all IMHO (maybe with some rest) Just not a flavor profile I like, too bitter.

Jim

I really think that these are probably too young to form an informed opinion right now Matt. They likely need a month or two to "dry" out and settled down before showing any signs of what they will be in the future.

Personally, I am only going after the Monte Sublimes as the other two don't interest me at all. The Partagas has a shot at being really good down the road like all of its other ELs, but the size is a complete turn off to me. The good thing about all of them: All tobacco is supposed to be aged 2 years and not just the wrapper as in the past.

I took a box of these back from my visit to Havana 3 weeks ago :D
I got a warm pepperyness from it with the flavour of Chocolate bar, quiet a Beefy cigar too(omph not flavour)
A full hour of continues smoking too, very good IMO and will only get better, only pity is the price of them this side of the Atlantic Doh !

This is my new Favorite Small Cigar