• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

puck problems!

Matty_Vegas

Wayne Newton Mafia Boss
my hygrometer has been reading steady at 49rh for almost a month now..anybody have a clue of what could be causing this???

I'm assuming it's digital?
If it's analog it might be busted or something, to test things I'd either 'salt test' it or take it out of the humi for an hour and see if it changes.

Lastly, what kind of humidor is it in?

~R

my hygrometer has been reading steady at 49rh for almost a month now..anybody have a clue of what could be causing this???

As a former customer support rep who has to ask "is it plugged in?", I'd suggest you close the lid on the humi! :laugh:

Battery is checked...the humidor is a nice promethus humidor with a digital hygro..I added water and it did not seem to help it at all...

Salt test that hygo and report back. Also how big is your humi? Maybe the puck is too small for the space?

Salt test that hygo and report back. Also how big is your humi? Maybe the puck is too small for the space?

X2

Might also want to check out the Boveda calibration kit... for piece of mind.

Have you considered beads? I find that they hold much steadier than many of the other humidification devices.

JMHO

mac

I just had a Radio Shack digital hygro stop working. Did fine for a year and then the temp went to max and that threw the whole thing off. The other two are working fine - so far.

The point being digital hygros are not immune to breakdowns.

Steve

I will do the salt test tomarrow..problem is...is that the cigars are dry..like they would be if they were at 49 rh...salt test will tell the truth tho.

Is the puck you have capable of handling the size of the humi? Those pucks don't handle big humis. Look on their website for the dimensions it will handle, then measure your humi. You may need another puck, or you could just order the beads loose (or in the tubes).

D

I measured the humi before I ordered the puck, and it is sized correctly...I did the salt test and the humidor is calibrated correctly...
here is the dumb question...am I supposed to remove the black foam thing insde of the puck itself after it has water???

I didn't take mine out. If you don't have it in there and you decide to use the velcro ans stick it on the lid or the side, the beads slip through.

TampaSupremo