• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Pug Shit Fit

Pugman1943

Must be the day. Where do I hang daily; at the Shop. where am I now, at the shop. what time does the shop open, 12:00. Guess what ain't open, the shop. Just got to be an asshole right now cause if you look at the attached, the yellow one big a bold says all seating and smoking is now $15 a day to enjoy the shop. OK, was ready for that. I'm here ready. The next sign somewhat smaller shows closed days, ok, that I knew. See that smaller white thing hanging at bottom right, says new hours for Monday Etc.

Just had a customer pull in, hit the door ( Lokcked ), look at that window, not see that SMALL sign, look inside to check and leave. I'm probably being a BAD dog right now, but why isn't that f'ing little white sign BIGGER?, and maybe in the center of the door where you might see it.

Well, I can sit on the Patio, enjoy the Wifi and not pay $15 for the privilege so maybe I should go back and be a good dog? Not right now, but seeing its 73° I can sit in our smoking area at the old folks home or I can sit here and count how many people come and leave without seeing that stupid little white sign. Yeap, going to stay and be a bad dog. WOOF!

IMG_0374.jpegIMG_0376.jpegIMG_0375.jpeg

Monday April first isn't Easter day
I almost always buy a stick when I go to my B&M. But requiring me to do it pisses me off. Do they allow you to buy sticks and store them in their humidor? If you buy a box a month would that "waive you fee"?

I almost always buy a stick when I go to my B&M. But requiring me to do it pisses me off. Do they allow you to buy sticks and store them in their humidor? If you buy a box a month would that "waive you fee"?

Nope. Buy a box today, come back tomorrow to sit and smoke one... pay another $15. Yesterday is not today.

Sure glad you said bull crap, not pug crap. I sat there for three hours, I know the gang and what a regular day looks like. NOBODY showed up, but I will be there all week so,we will see what the general feelings are lAyer in the week. I think there is smoke on the horizon pard'ner.

Usually if a holiday falls on a weekend, it is observed on Monday. It's weird that they worded it like that, but whatev.

Usually if a holiday falls on a weekend, it is observed on Monday. It's weird that they worded it like that, but whatev.

Well Nick, like the saying it's 5pm somewhere, the day after Sunday might as well be a holiday if you can afford it. I was just PISSED ( as if you didn't notice ).

Let me make sure I understand this correctly. So if I go in and buy a $14 cigar to enjoy in their lounge, I then have to pay another $15 to smoke it? That’s ludicrous!

If it were me, one of two things might happen:
1) I would buy a $14 cigar, then go outside in front of their business, off their
property, and enjoy my cigar. I would even invite my friends that are on their way into the lounge to buy a stick and come back out and join me. After a month of this, I would order myself a nice $360 box of cigars with the money I saved. ($15 a day x 6 days a week x 4 weeks)
2) I would just order all of my sticks online and invite my friends to come over for a smoke whenever they feel like it. After a month of this, I would order myself a nice box of Qbans.

But that’s just me. I’m kind of petty like that…

Do they offer a set "membership" price that may seem exorbitant at face value but mathematically works out heavily in your favor as a regular whence broken down given how many days a year you spend there? That would definitely be more palatable. I'm not sure what Tay-Haassss laws are as far as tobacco places go, but as long as they are implementing the new pricing schemes in order to simply keep the lights on for everyone involved and not just to line pockets, I can't hate it.

Sorry to hear this Ed. Hopefully they'll com to their senses and adjust the pricing menu. Paying $15 for the privilege of smoking their cigar while sitting their seat is tough to swallow.

I'm exploring a local B&M Lounge that's charging $295 annually. They have seating in the front of the store so you can smoke what you bought right there for free but the lounge is $10 daily, $99 for a three month pass and its has to be near 2000 sf with poker tables, pol table and 4 large screen TV's with seating at each. I figure if I use it once a week, its under $6 a week. I love my patio and hot tub and all of the books I've read while smoking a cigar there but I really miss hanging out weekly, watching any available game or just bad TV.

Let me make sure I understand this correctly. So if I go in and buy a $14 cigar to enjoy in their lounge, I then have to pay another $15 to smoke it? That’s ludicrous!
According to the sign on the door Ed posted, its free to smoke on their property as long as you spend $15 on tobacco during your visit. If you don't buy their cigars and bring your own, its $15 to smoke there. I see that you picked $14, I assume they'd charge you the $1 to get to $15.

I see that you picked $14, I assume they'd charge you the $1 to get to $15.
Gotcha, that makes a lot more sense! However, I would still grumble loudly about it. I don’t know about you, but I definitely don’t smoke a $15 cigar every day.

Gotcha, that makes a lot more sense! However, I would still grumble loudly about it. I don’t know about you, but I definitely don’t smoke a $15 cigar every day.
Yeah I agree with you. That is a pretty high cost per day. There is a shop near me that charges a $5 cutting fee if you bring you own. They don't even need to day the second part out loud because all their cigars are over $5.

Do they offer a set "membership" price that may seem exorbitant at face value but mathematically works out heavily in your favor as a regular whence broken down given how many days a year you spend there? That would definitely be more palatable. I'm not sure what Tay-Haassss laws are as far as tobacco places go, but as long as they are implementing the new pricing schemes in order to simply keep the lights on for everyone involved and not just to line pockets, I can't hate it.

I asked about membership. NO, he says he would loose money.

Sorry to hear this Ed. Hopefully they'll com to their senses and adjust the pricing menu. Paying $15 for the privilege of smoking their cigar while sitting their seat is tough to swallow.

I'm exploring a local B&M Lounge that's charging $295 annually. They have seating in the front of the store so you can smoke what you bought right there for free but the lounge is $10 daily, $99 for a three month pass and its has to be near 2000 sf with poker tables, pol table and 4 large screen TV's with seating at each. I figure if I use it once a week, its under $6 a week. I love my patio and hot tub and all of the books I've read while smoking a cigar there but I really miss hanging out weekly, watching any available game or just bad TV.

Agree Tom and suggested similar to him. You brothers who know me know I have mobility issues, plus being 80 I admit to driving into Dallas would not be safe. the guy screwed up over the last six years by not have a must purchase issue then,,hell, even if it was just a $6 cheep-o, so not he wants to recoup 60 months of lost revenue. I will be there this entire week and by then I will see what's going on because I know the traffic pattern. Like you regulars have been coming for those six years. If they stop, even the owner will most likely say I shit my own pants and what am I going to do now.

According to the sign on the door Ed posted, its free to smoke on their property as long as you spend $15 on tobacco during your visit. If you don't buy their cigars and bring your own, its $15 to smoke there. I see that you picked $14, I assume they'd charge you the $1 to get to $15.
Well, interesting point Chad, and us pugs will work that angle, but he wants it one way or another. the price point on the Perdomo Sungrown is like $14.50, and being the evil dog that I am not... if I pay by CC and with tax it comes out $15.36 I will see what happens. After all, it did break the $15. "Think I answered our own question in a long winded way.

I asked about membership. NO, he says he would loose money.
I have a feeling he is going to lose even more than that with this new pricing venture.

I kind of feel for him, as it seems -- as you said -- he is just trying to keep the lights on.

Sorry to hear about this Pug!

There was a shop that I was a member of for about 3 years, until the owner decided she needed to "update" the membership terms. The old membership was $60/month and you got a private locker to keep your personal stash in. There was no cutting fee or any "mininum purchase" requirement, but all the members would always buy a stick or 2 every time we were in there. Then on day she decided the memership wasn't working, and she upped the dues to $150/month, and you got $100 in store credit that had to be used by the end of the month or you would lose it. She also started a $5 cutting fee for all cigars not purchased there, even if you bought one of her cigars.

Needless to say, she lost about 75% of her members, and I don't think she is in business any more. Hopefully the owner of your establishment realizes the error of their way, and can fix it before it too late.

There is no storage and as I said, buy the box today, pay $15 tomorrow to sit, or buy $15 in sticks. I had to buy a $10 I liked and a $15 I will"share with a lucky newbie.