• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Punch Punch ISOM

Lumberg

Opus Lover
I had the pleasure to smoke a generously gifted PP ISOM today after lunch.

First of all the smell was what I would characterize as Earthy. Kind of dirty smelling but in a good way. Lots or times I describe things with words that would normally be seen as negative (I smoked a DE LVH that tasted like cardboard, but in a good way). But rarely in a cigar are these things negative.

I punched it and it was drawing fine so I lit it up.

It lit up quite easily. The first thing I noticed was the smoke was quite harsh. IT kind of tasted like the VSG I tried to smoke last night. Like it was too dry. The smoke was very hot. But I am pretty sure the person who gave it to me has good storage so nto sure what happened there. As I smoked it different flavors started to coem out. I remember about 1" in I tasted a couple of new flavors that I noted to myself but I can't for the life of me link them to other flavors in my life. I want to say citrus and/or cinnamon but I know that is not right. Anyways there were some interesting flavors in there. And overall the taste was very robust and strong and smoky.

After about 1 1/2 inches I went to ash it. I touched the corner to the bottom of the ashtray and it just went "crunch." Seriously. I just crushed the corner of the ash but it stayed on. It was the weirdest thing. This ash had no inclination to separate from the cigar.

I kept smoking and the smoke started getting too harsh for me. Around this time the ash just fell right on the table! Ooops! Soon thereafter I let the cigar go out also because I was so engrossed in conversation. I re-lit it a few minutes later (it had never left my hand) and it was still harsh so I ended up letting it go out again after a few puffs. After that I was done.

Now the harshness thing, I feel kidn of bad about because I really wanted to enjoy this cigar. I mean it is a Punch Punch for Chrissakes. And I did find somenuances of the flavor enjoyable. But I think the cigar had undergone some sort of change at some point in its life that made it harsh. Not to as great a degree as the VSG I smoked, which was like a twig even though I had it at 70%, but I'm starting to trust my palate enough to be 99% sure something was wrong with this cigar.

LMAO, Not at you, but with you. I love the Punch-Punch. One of my favorites. I do remember however the first time I tried a cigar that was similar in strength and gifted by a a Bro. here on CP. Suks, was all that came to mind, yet I was almost mad at myself because several people kept telling me how good they are. ??? LOL, Anyway, thats why they make so many types of cigars. :thumbs: Pretty soon you will have one in your hand worth a hundred bucks, then you will really want to enjoy it :p Nice Review Lum, Just goes to show, evryone has there own taste. :thumbs: