• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Punch Rothschild Double Maduro

schenker

I know that there are specific guidelines given by the site for reviewing cigars, but since I only recently began enjoying cigars, I have no basis for comparison in terms of rating this smoke on a 100 point scale.

Rather, I want to write about what a wonderful smoke this was. I have only recently purchased a humidor, and it has not yet been delivered. This means that when I smoke a cigar, it is fresh from the store. In this case, I brought the cigar home yesterday. This may well mean that it hasn't aged to its full potential yet.

But boy, did I enjoy it. The cigar lit well and the draw was as soft as a feather bed, and I felt as though I was lying in one throughout the smoke. I enjoyed this cigar with a glass of 15-year Balvenie Single Malt Scotch, then a second, and eventually a third, as the bite of the scotch complemented the smooth draw of the cigar.

Although the cigar burned somewhat unevenly, I enjoyed it throughout. While I was expecting the flavor to become more intense than it eventually did (as I have read others discuss this cigar as having a spicy finish), this may have been because I did not age it.

If I have a complaint, it is that, as a typical dream of flying or a sexual encounter with an old crush long out of your life, it ended too soon. Yes, I dream of smoking another one of these very soon.

Thanks for reading,

Steve

Very nice review, Steve. Sounds like you enjoyed the cigar immensely. :thumbs: and welcome. :)

Wilkey

That was my all time goto cigar back in the day. Never had a bad experience with them and they never aged. :laugh: Glad you enjoyed that stick. :thumbs:

Great review...haveing some good scotch on hand here and just left my local shop-rite for the months food shopping,I regret grabbing this thing from the food store.(Yes,my local food supermarket has a humidor).I almost grabbed it but grabbed a LGC series R instead for $4.75.

Thank you,I will grab it next month.