• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Punch Royal Selection no. 11

fenian'98

I enjoyed this cigar in my one man herfmobile this afternoon.

Jul 06

I will preface this by saying that Punch is my favorite marque, and this is the third of the four corona gordas that I have tried. If I could only get my hands on some SS #2. :whistling:
I cut it with my trusty Palio, and the wrapper by the head split in two places. These are not signs of good things to come. These came from a cab of 25 I got in about 1 1/2 to 2 weeks ago. This is not exactly the proper rest time for a cab that has taken a trip across the ocean, but I couldn't resist smoking one. These were kept in a constant 63% environment since I received them, but they were delivered in the middle of a wicked cold spell here. They had to have spent a portion of their journey in these extremes, so the split wrapper I wrote off. It lit up without a hitch, and immediately had an aroma and taste I can only describe as "Punchy". My first draw brought flavors reminiscent of a Punch Punch, only somewhat muted in the spicy area, and more pronounced in the floral/sweet profile. Not quite fruity, but more like the sweetness that comes hand in hand with bitterness in good dark chocolate. I was thoroughly pleased with how this cigar was starting out.

After the first 1/2 inch I noticed some burn issues. One half burnt as easy as the Hindenburg, yet the other side seemed flame retardant. This smoke needed constant touch-ups. After the first half, its youth showed, and a touch of bitterness came through, but the soft flavors still shined when exhaled nasally.

I had to put her down at about the band because of time constraints. All in all, this cigar will be phenomenal with some age on it. I'm glad I have 24 left, and I won't be touching them for a little while. I am a huge fan of the Punch Punch, and this a great variation on a theme.

Right now a solid 83 only because of the split wrapper, and the bitterness of youth. Potentially a 93 in a wee bit.

Nice write-up, Greg. I am not a Punchaholic at all but I do love the RS12. How does the RS11 relate? I managed to pick up a single in a recent pass and am anxious to give it a try.

Wilkey

Nice write-up, Greg. I am not a Punchaholic at all but I do love the RS12. How does the RS11 relate? I managed to pick up a single in a recent pass and am anxious to give it a try.

Wilkey

Almost exact same flavor.......

The RS 12 is another on my soon to be smoked list. Corona gorda is my "go to" vitole, and I'm a bit limited with Marevas. This is something that I have been trying to remedy lately, but every time I open the humidor certain cigars beg to be smoked. I actually never expected to become a Punchaholic. Previously, I was drawn to the creaminess of Montecristo. It just happened after that first Punch Punch out of a sampler. It could have been the cigar, or it also could have been the $$$$ won at the blackjack table as I smoked it. :D

I say smoke that RS11, I don't think you will be disappointed.

Ever have a Black Prince?

The RS 12 is another on my soon to be smoked list. Corona gorda is my "go to" vitole, and I'm a bit limited with Marevas. This is something that I have been trying to remedy lately, but every time I open the humidor certain cigars beg to be smoked. I actually never expected to become a Punchaholic. Previously, I was drawn to the creaminess of Montecristo. It just happened after that first Punch Punch out of a sampler. It could have been the cigar, or it also could have been the $$$$ won at the blackjack table as I smoked it. :D

Yes......The Black Prince is very close to the Punch Punch......Sweet woody alittle more mild then the Punch Punch.......

Bob

Yes......The Black Prince is very close to the Punch Punch......Sweet woody alittle more mild then the Punch Punch.......

Bob

It almost has a "green" sweetness. This was the first cigar I've had that had some serious age on it. I think my box is May 01. Very enjoyable. I think it was the fact that these are discontinued that put me over the top on the purchase. Very good, but as you said, very close to the PP.

Bob

It almost has a "green" sweetness. This was the first cigar I've had that had some serious age on it. I think my box is May 01. Very enjoyable. I think it was the fact that these are discontinued that put me over the top on the purchase. Very good, but as you said, very close to the PP.

I also love the Black Prince.........I think that this cigar will become collectable soon......

Bob

They can still be found if you look. Grab them while you can. I know I will be picking up at least another box.

Bob

I also love the Black Prince.........I think that this cigar will become collectable soon......

Bob