• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Puros Indios Candela

verhoevc

Banned
Hey, have any of ya'll tried one of these. Granted the only place I really see them in the dreaded Thompson, but 40 for $89 doesn't seem too bad if they're an actual quality candela cigar? I tried searching but nothing came up, so hopefully SOMEONE on here's had them and will be able to fill me in on if they're any good, worth the price tag, or if I'd even WANT 40 of them to start with hahaha.
Chris

I haven't tried them so I can't comment on whether or not they are worth it.

I'll give you my advice before you fill your humi with them. Try one first.
40 is alot of sticks to have taking up space even if you kinda like them. Good price, and I like Puros Indios, but that's alot of sticks to take a chance on imo.

If you really want a candela, search out a box of Fuente 858 Claro @ $100.00 MSRP / 25 per box.

Just avoid Astral Candela's at all costs.

They look great, but are bitter, sour little beasts. One of the most vile cigars ever made.

Well I'm so far a friend of the green, I like the Don Tomas Candela's especially, and tried an Iguana baby just 3 hours ago and was surprised to enjoy it after all the negativity you read about the Iguanas (candela ones at least). However, the first candela I ever saw, and the one that got me interested in them was the Puros Indios, and every B&M I've gone into I've asked and so far NO ONE has them... so trying one first has proved difficult. Also, I agree that 40 is a lot but Thompson's deal is TWO boxes for $89 with no options to just buy one :p they have to be difficult hahaha.
Chris
PS: I've also been very tempted to try the 858 candela as well, one of the reasons I was stuck on Thompson's fuente sampler (there was a thread about this by me awhile back) but once again it was the whole "dealing with Thompson" thing that pushed me off it, and that's another smoke you don't see many other places. The B&Ms I've been to (quite a few now) don't seem to stock greens, and when they do you usually get one choice, the Camacho.

Maybe it's time someone organized "The Great Candela Sampler Buy"???
Maybe get a group buying a couple boxes of different candela cigars in order to get a feel for all the major candelas on the market without forcing everyone to buy a box of each for themselves since most aren't available at B&Ms.
There are some great ones out there, some that come to mind to work into a group buy would be:
Puros Indios
Arturo Fuente
Iguana
Don Tomas
La Gloria Cubana
Camacho
Bacarat
Felipe Gregorio Fumas

Even if we were to buy one box of each listed above (2 of the puros indios cause of the deal this thread is about) it would come out to $539 for 210. So if 5 people joined... that'd be 5 of each type 'cept iguana (4) and puros indios (8) totaling $107 each (plus S&H) for 42 cigars... that's only $2.55/cigar and you get to try a ton of them greenies!
Any interest in perhaps doing this? If people show interest I'll start a new thread and perhaps start thinking about organizing this.
Chris

PS: I've also been very tempted to try the 858 candela as well, one of the reasons I was stuck on Thompson's fuente sampler (there was a thread about this by me awhile back) but once again it was the whole "dealing with Thompson" thing that pushed me off it, and that's another smoke you don't see many other places. The B&Ms I've been to (quite a few now) don't seem to stock greens, and when they do you usually get one choice, the Camacho.

Fuente 858 Claro greenies in stock here @ MSRP : Link

Famous has them $10.00 cheaper per box, but currently out of stock.

...and Thompson's does suck.

I actually smoked a PI candela Saturday morning. I also have a fiver of Indian Tabac candela. PM me your addy and I'll send you a couple of each.

Also check out this thread.

I got mine from cbid, so you might want to check there.
Hope this helps.

You got PI candelas off CBid? I'm BIG on CBid... to my wallet's dismay. I admit I've seen the indian tabac ones there, but have heard they are VERY dry, is this not correct? As for PI candelas I was under the impression CI and thus CBid didn't have them?
Thank you very much for the offer, I may get back to you on that later, but I'd like to try and see if there's any interest in the great candela group buy first. No point in stealin' your hard earned smokes if I'm just gunna buy some a little while later anyways ;)
Chris