• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Pushing my luck with ash.

Zocco987

I'm sitting here smoking my after work cigar (padron 3000) watching the ash grow only to have it fall off all over my jacket. More comical then upsetting. This ever happen to anyone else or am I just to clumsy? :rolleyes:

Edit: Terrible spelling.... I fail!!

Every time I smoke I try and see how long I can get the ash. Consequently I'm constantly having to brush off my pants or my shirt.

It's hard when smoking any Padron to not try for a big ash. The construction is always top notch. I've only had one successful ash stand so you can imagine where the rest of those ashes have fallen. :laugh:

Ha Ha Well I am glad I'm not the only one. Although I have smoked an Oliva Series G down to the nub maintaining full ash.

I didn't know it was possible to smoke a cigar and not get ash on oneself. Of course, I do tend to gesticulate wildly when I talk (which is often) and I laugh a lot so it must be me...

- Tim

Once I was laying in my truck bed and the ash fell in my eye. :angry: . I've had good Padron and Tatuaje ash experience.

I get ash on myself pretty much every time I smoke, I'm not the most coordinated smoker :). I'm just glad I've only burnt myself once..or twice.

I just did this yesterday. It's really nice this week so I was driving with my truck window down. I had about 3 inches of ash and decided to stop pressing my luck. I was going to flick the ash out the window and BAM!!! All over me. Luckily I was in a good mood and just in my truck so I was more like "oh maaan" than mad. lol

Every time I smoke this happens to me. I keep seeing a new record length for every stick just to have it end up in my lap!

Don

I would say that its fair to assume that the number of people that don't get ash on themselves is much smaller than the number of people that do get ash on themselves. I don't think I've been able to NOT get ash on myself. At first I would get mad about it, but now I just laugh at myself because I know its going to happen.

It's funny because you usually have that little voice "If I keep doing this I'm going to get this on me" then 2 seconds later BLAM... :laugh:

I do ok not ashing on myself if I am sitting down at home enjoying the smoke or just over at a friends house but when I am driving in the work truck I never seem to keep it off of me I guess I am looking at the road just like I should.
Josh

I always try to hold my ash over somebody else's lap, thus severely limiting the dangers to myself.

The only thing I hate is when I burn a hole in a favorite or relatively new shirt.

Last weekend, I was having a smoke while studying for my midterms--I built about an inch and a half ash before dropping it straight into my textbook.

I find my self getting ashes on me and my computer when I am smoking while on this forum at the same time. My computer will probably be like a huge ashtray if it ever gets taken apart.

Just about everytime I smoke a stick I get ash all over the place because I try to to the "record ash" for that particular stick I am smoking. Luckily It's usually in my truck or in my lounge on the leather couch, so it wipes off easily. As Steamboat said it does suck when I burn a little hole in a great shirt.