• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Pushy Customer Service

dixieland_conjunction

If it isn't dixieland, it isn't REAL jazz
When I was in Atlanta, the hotel did not have in-room connections - only wireless and dial-up. Well, I called my ISP to get the dial-up access numbers. I was told I had to download the utility (kinda hard when you're not connected :lookup:).

My 3 year old laptop still has a free AOL trial on it so I signed up.

I saw a commercial tonight that reminded me I still needed to cancel my membership. I called the service number and was connected to a rep immediately following the automated service. The call took 8:44. The tried 11 times to get me to not cancel. She only had 3 rebuttles, but repeated them various times. Why would I pay $300/year to have AOL when I already have DSL? I was getting angry ???

Cheers,
Dixie

ack, yea aol and dile up are pritty much dead in the water so they have to resort to guarilla tatics to stay afloat. There stuff pritty much sucks. I only keep a demo copy of aol around if i need to reload Internet explorer. Sad companys would rather start trying to force people rather than adjust with the times.

StonyVision said:
ack, yea aol and dile up are pritty much dead in the water so they have to resort to guarilla tatics to stay afloat. There stuff pritty much sucks. I only keep a demo copy of aol around if i need to reload Internet explorer. Sad companys would rather start trying to force people rather than adjust with the times.
Stony, you'd don't have a relative who used to post here named "Cohibin" do you?

yeah not yea
dial not dile
guerrila not guarilla
tactics not tatics
pretty not pritty
I not i
company's not companys

And no, Rod is never going to install a "spellchecker" here

:sign:

Wy duz Rod knead to intal one wen we hav u CC??

I like this one.
guerrila not guarilla
Reminds me of the movie Captain Ron.

"Stay on the trail boss, theres gorillas in the jungle."

coventrycat86 said:
StonyVision said:
Stony, you'd don't have a relative who used to post here named "Cohibin" do you?

yeah not yea
dial not dile
guerrila not guarilla
tactics not tatics
pretty not pritty
I not i
company's not companys

*Warning.....Official Sh*t Stir*

CC, I think Stoney was having a visit with a former Miami Dolphin when he made that post! :lookup:

Just say no Stoney! :D

JV

Stony's name says it all. ???

coventrycat86 said:
StonyVision said:

yeah not yea
dial not dile
guerrila not guarilla
tactics not tatics
pretty not pritty
I not i
company's not companys

:D LMAO @ Bill!!!!

coventrycat86 said:
That's when you start typing your posts in Word (or other WPP) and cut/pasting them into the reply box...

-----------------

As for AOL and your story - thats the same thing I have to resort to now. No internet at all in my room here in Fl, so I went to the local Target, swiped an AOL trial and will effectively have a month of free internet (1045 hous for the 4 weeks I'm here). I can't wiat to cancel though - AOL Sucks. I'd like to see them try to talk me into keeping service when I tell them I live in Japan and start yelling at them in tongues (how many languages can be fit into one sentence...)

I'll let y'all know how it goes on/about the 22nd when I cancel service on the 21st.

You know AOL stands for:

Another
Loser

There are a number of good scotches to start out with. Royal Lochnagar, Balvenie Founder's Reserve (I haven't reviewed this one yet), Chivas Regal 18 yo and Glenkinchie are all good starters. I'd place the Glen Keith after you tried one of the others.

I went to a Jaguar show on Saturday, the weather was great and the judges screwed me over BIG TIME.

Lawrence of Arabia is a really good movie, but not as good as the ones Joe listed above :sign:

Cheers,
Dixie

Treamayne said:
I'll let y'all know how it goes on/about the 22nd when I cancel service on the 21st.
Actually, make sure you cancel 3 days ahead, not one. I think she mumbled something about cancelations taking 3 days to process ??? More BS I know.....:(

Cheers,
Dixie

I had the exact same problem when I was in Kansas City for two weeks last year. There was no way in heck I was going to let myself get sucked into the AOL trap though. I ended up using a relatives dial up account for a long distance call and then once on looked up providers in the KC area. Way easier then installing that crappy AOL software that almost takes a voodoo shamen to get rid of, and no hassle when I cancelled once I was home. It cost like $12 for the one month sign up plus a long distance call to find them online, but was worth it to me just to not have to deal with those desperate loosers.

The sad thing is I can remember when I had AOL with my 2400 baud modem and it was the coolest thing ever. That wore off real quick though once regular ISP became common. I distincly remeber how tough it was to cancel back then though, must be even worse now.