• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Quad State Herf V - Feb 27th, 2010

Here is a story that was run in yesterday's Times Herald Record. I did a cut and paste as well as load the actual link to the artice on-line. You'll see the on-line version has the pictures of the Boy Scouts first, simply click on that one and the rest will come up:

Posted: March 10, 2010 - 2:00 AM
March is truly a busy month. But because the weather in late February and early March forced interruptions that delayed communications for awhile, the mailbag is bulging with copy, both old and new.

One incredibly successful event took place at 1 p.m. Feb. 27 despite the region's powerful storm that caused many power outages and road closures. It was a cigar lovers' dream event, the fifth one in as many years. It brought 145 of the 180 expected to the Meadowbrook Lodge in New Windsor. They traveled from as far away as California, braving the weather even when planes were grounded. Because the popular catering house had no power, like thousands of other structures throughout the region, the group elected to host the event in the parking lot.

More than $9,500 was raised for the Warrior Transition Unit/Family Readiness Group — Wounded Warrior Program at West Point, where 100 soldiers are being cared for.

For the fifth year, the fundraiser was chaired by cigar lover and patriot Charlie Baranyai of Cornwall, who is a 20-year-plus Army veteran currently employed at West Point. As in past years, he worked closely with Uptown Cigar Shop in Kingston, where manager Israel Markevitz and Michelle Tuchman sent out fliers about the event to their customers. Glynna Schlesinger, who owns the Hudson Valley Cigar Shop next to Schlesinger's Steak House in New Windsor, also sent out fliers.

Although "the dinner portion of the event couldn't be honored that day, no one wanted their money back," said Baranyai. "And no one wanted to reschedule. So everything went to our Wounded Warriors. Those who attended are loyal and big-hearted Americans eager to do what they can for our wounded soldiers. We're grateful for their participation."

Baranyai can be reached at stogieman69@hotmail.com.

http://www.recordonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20100310/COMM/3100306

Thanks to everyone for their hard work and support as always........ :) :thumbs: :cool:

Here is a story that was run in yesterday's Times Herald Record. I did a cut and paste as well as load the actual link to the artice on-line. You'll see the on-line version has the pictures of the Boy Scouts first, simply click on that one and the rest will come up:

Posted: March 10, 2010 - 2:00 AM
March is truly a busy month. But because the weather in late February and early March forced interruptions that delayed communications for awhile, the mailbag is bulging with copy, both old and new.

One incredibly successful event took place at 1 p.m. Feb. 27 despite the region's powerful storm that caused many power outages and road closures. It was a cigar lovers' dream event, the fifth one in as many years. It brought 145 of the 180 expected to the Meadowbrook Lodge in New Windsor. They traveled from as far away as California, braving the weather even when planes were grounded. Because the popular catering house had no power, like thousands of other structures throughout the region, the group elected to host the event in the parking lot.

More than $9,500 was raised for the Warrior Transition Unit/Family Readiness Group — Wounded Warrior Program at West Point, where 100 soldiers are being cared for.

For the fifth year, the fundraiser was chaired by cigar lover and patriot Charlie Baranyai of Cornwall, who is a 20-year-plus Army veteran currently employed at West Point. As in past years, he worked closely with Uptown Cigar Shop in Kingston, where manager Israel Markevitz and Michelle Tuchman sent out fliers about the event to their customers. Glynna Schlesinger, who owns the Hudson Valley Cigar Shop next to Schlesinger's Steak House in New Windsor, also sent out fliers.

Although "the dinner portion of the event couldn't be honored that day, no one wanted their money back," said Baranyai. "And no one wanted to reschedule. So everything went to our Wounded Warriors. Those who attended are loyal and big-hearted Americans eager to do what they can for our wounded soldiers. We're grateful for their participation."

Baranyai can be reached at stogieman69@hotmail.com.

http://www.recordonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20100310/COMM/3100306

Thanks to everyone for their hard work and support as always........ :) :thumbs: :cool:

Thanks for putting another great herf together Charlie, it's also great to see that you and our cigar community got some nice press from it.

Charlie
Carps coming?

Joe

Joe, I haven't seen or heard from David (Carps) in a while now, I hope all is well with him......... ???

All is well. New job. New city. I just have been very busy. I wish I could have made it this year. Joe, I'm glad you miss me :) I need to catch up with the NYC crew.

So where you at Dave? You back in NYC? If so, why couldn't you have done that before I moved away, or is that what you were waiting for ;)

Charlie
Carps coming?

Joe

Joe, I haven't seen or heard from David (Carps) in a while now, I hope all is well with him......... ???

All is well. New job. New city. I just have been very busy. I wish I could have made it this year. Joe, I'm glad you miss me :) I need to catch up with the NYC crew.

So where you at Dave? You back in NYC? If so, why couldn't you have done that before I moved away, or is that what you were waiting for ;)

back in NYC. I waited until you moved away because I was tired of all those awful cigars you would give me.

Dave,

Glad you're back in the city. I was asking if you were gonna attend because I was gonna bring a 4-pack of Furious for you :)

Charlie, thanks for sharing the article and GREAT work...if I was in the military, you'll get a medal for sure!!! :D

Best,

Joe