• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Quai D'Orsay 54... always some construction problem but good smoke!

charx

I bought 10 of these in February and this is my third one. The first two were badly plugged and not particularly nice (that was in February). Today fired one up after 5 months at 60% RH. The taste was much nicer and the draw and burn were perfect... BUT...: I had to spend a lot of time messing with the wrapper. I used PerfecRepair to glue it all back together. The wrapper seemed very thin. Having said that, I did enjoy it. I am going to give it another 6 months before I re-visit these guys.

Image 7-19-23 at 10.05 PM.jpeg

IMG_2755.jpegIMG_2752.jpeg

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about the issues.

You might be having some of the problems because of the RH you're storing them at. I think 60% is a bit low, unless your dry boxing before smoking. The low RH could be part of the cracking issue that you are experiencing. Try storing them somewhere between 65 & 69%, that might yield better results.

Sorry to hear about the issues.

You might be having some of the problems because of the RH you're storing them at. I think 60% is a bit low, unless your dry boxing before smoking. The low RH could be part of the cracking issue that you are experiencing. Try storing them somewhere between 65 & 69%, that might yield better results.
I was thinking that. Thanks. I will ramp that humidity to 65% like my non-Cubans. I heald back because there is lots of information out there that says Cubans should be stored at a lower RH than others for various reasons. I'm pretty sure you're right. I'll ramp it up. I have a 65 Boveda pack in that "Cuban box" but we live in a very hot and dry climate and I needed a 65'er to keep it at 60% during the summer. I will work on this.

I was thinking that. Thanks. I will ramp that humidity to 65% like my non-Cubans. I heald back because there is lots of information out there that says Cubans should be stored at a lower RH than others for various reasons. I'm pretty sure you're right. I'll ramp it up. I have a 65 Boveda pack in that "Cuban box" but we live in a very hot and dry climate and I needed a 65'er to keep it at 60% during the summer. I will work on this.
Lots/Most people store their NC's at 68% or 69%. Then dry box it. So with that in mind, it's correct that some people store their cuban's lower than NC's.

Lots/Most people store their NC's at 68% or 69%. Then dry box it. So with that in mind, it's correct that some people store their cuban's lower than NC's.
What's your take on dry boxing? I keep hearing different ideas about it.

What's your take on dry boxing? I keep hearing different ideas about it.
First post is from our resident Cuban expert. If he types it, I'd listen

First post is from our resident Cuban expert. If he types it, I'd listen
Great thread!... thanks for directing me to it! I will make a new plan.

Last edited:

Like Chad said, most people store NC's at a slightly higher RH that their CC stuff. I don't have multiple storage devices like most of the people here, so I try and keep everything around 68%. I try to do the dry box thing, but most of the time my smoking is a spur of the moment thing and I have to just grab out of the humi.

At the end of the day, it's your personal preference as to storage and RH. I do think that bumping things up a bit on the CC side will help tremendously though.

"I try to do the dry box thing, but most of the time my smoking is a spur of the moment thing and I have to just grab out of the humi."

That's me most of the time.😉 I open up the humidor and intuit the my pick for the day... depending on mood, weather how much time I have, etc.

Trying to dry box a weeks worth will be a challenge but I will try it.

"I try to do the dry box thing, but most of the time my smoking is a spur of the moment thing and I have to just grab out of the humi."

That's me most of the time.😉 I open up the humidor and intuit the my pick for the day... depending on mood, weather how much time I have, etc.

Trying to dry box a weeks worth will be a challenge but I will try it.
With that in mind, I'd personally say you are wasting your money on cuban's and should at least consider smoking way more NC's unless you can plan for the cuban ones. They require a little more "work" but its worth the time. If you don't have time to farm, don't buy a farm right?

With that in mind, I'd personally say you are wasting your money on cuban's and should at least consider smoking way more NC's unless you can plan for the cuban ones. They require a little more "work" but its worth the time. If you don't have time to farm, don't buy a farm right?
I can adapt because I can really appreciate the science and method, especially when it comes to Cubans. I don't smoke Cubans more than once or twice per week, the rest of the time I'm smoking NC's. I think I will just make an effort because it's worth it!

With that in mind, I'd personally say you are wasting your money on cuban's and should at least consider smoking way more NC's unless you can plan for the cuban ones. They require a little more "work" but its worth the time.
can I ask you to expound on what “work” you recommend? I’m trying to learn something new today…😎