• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Quality Importers 5000 Cabinet Cigar Humidor Review

Put it back into the box and stuff it way up top. Also others here might know better but I don't think you should have your Oasis up that high... Humidity rises and there isn't anywhere for it to go. You should have fans and it should be in the middle or lower. For that size of a cabinet you should have a whole different unit. I don't see hydrometers on every shelf but I'd bet the top is WAY higher than the bottom.
I agree, however, I will add this tidbit. RH, unlike temperature, distributes easily, so it should spread out. That being said, I would help it everywhere you can.

Put it back into the box and stuff it way up top. Also others here might know better but I don't think you should have your Oasis up that high... Humidity rises and there isn't anywhere for it to go. You should have fans and it should be in the middle or lower. For that size of a cabinet you should have a whole different unit. I don't see hydrometers on every shelf but I'd bet the top is WAY higher than the bottom.
I have hydrometers on the bottom shelf usually and that one is closer to 67% because those are the ones I smoke more regularly. The upper section is divided from the bottom part with a plexiglass slab, the bottom portion has its own magna unit, so I think 2 magna are more than sufficient for this size unit and the conditions where I live. I like them because they’re hands off, I refill them less than once a month and I can monitor the conditions when I’m away for longer periods.

I have hydrometers on the bottom shelf usually and that one is closer to 67% because those are the ones I smoke more regularly. The upper section is divided from the bottom part with a plexiglass slab, the bottom portion has its own magna unit, so I think 2 magna are more than sufficient for this size unit and the conditions where I live. I like them because they’re hands off, I refill them less than once a month and I can monitor the conditions when I’m away for longer periods.
I am not arguing with you, just saying the Magna isn't really designed to do that large of a cabinet. If you look at the original post in this thread, you'll see the one he is using is split into a few places. He also has fans setup to circulate the air. With the amount of empty space that you have I completely agree that what you have is fine. If/when you start to fill that thing up, I foresee the Magna not being able to keep up. Don't get me wrong, I have a Magna in my humidor, but I have less than 30% the space you do. I also have fans and hydrometers on every shelf to make sure everything is babysat correctly and my Magna is in the middle.

Don't think I am telling you what to do, I am just trying to be helpful based on my experience and what I've learned from others. You can disagree or ignore me like most people do, just trying to help you be the best you.

I’ll look into adding some fans eventually. I’m actually surprised at how consistent the humidity is, my original concern was If the cabinet would hold the humidity nicely and it does. I might move the magna unit towards the middle and rearrange the shelves a bit once I get more boxes and move all the sealed ones to the bottom. Thanks for the input 🙏🏻

I am not arguing with you, just saying the Magna isn't really designed to do that large of a cabinet. If you look at the original post in this thread, you'll see the one he is using is split into a few places. He also has fans setup to circulate the air. With the amount of empty space that you have I completely agree that what you have is fine. If/when you start to fill that thing up, I foresee the Magna not being able to keep up. Don't get me wrong, I have a Magna in my humidor, but I have less than 30% the space you do. I also have fans and hydrometers on every shelf to make sure everything is babysat correctly and my Magna is in the middle.

Don't think I am telling you what to do, I am just trying to be helpful based on my experience and what I've learned from others. You can disagree or ignore me like most people do, just trying to help you be the best you.

Had to take a screenshot of this in case you delete and try to deny it later! 😛

Had to take a screenshot of this in case you delete and try to deny it later! 😛
LOL, we don't delete anything here. What you'll get from that screenshot is a reminder in a few years that I was right. Your humidor will be a lot more full and you'll find that moving that Magna down will help a great deal.

LOL, we don't delete anything here. What you'll get from that screenshot is a reminder in a few years that I was right. Your humidor will be a lot more full and you'll find that moving that Magna down will help a great deal.

Lol. You're 100% right about his cabinet. There's still room for at least a mini Cooper in there. But once that real estate starts getting filled in, your humi wisdom and advice will help him avoid a lot of common pitfalls.

I was just razzing you on the "helping you be the best you" part! That should be on all of the new CP gear @Rod wants to have made!

CigarPass: Helping you be the best you since the start of the millennium! 👍😎

Lol. You're 100% right about his cabinet. There's still room for at least a mini Cooper in there. But once that real estate starts getting filled in, your humi wisdom and advice will help him avoid a lot of common pitfalls.

I was just razzing you on the "helping you be the best you" part! That should be on all of the new CP gear @Rod wants to have made!

CigarPass: Helping you be the best you since the start of the millennium! 👍😎
I went fishing once and caught a lantern.

It was still lit!