• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Question about cutter

Get both! Problem solved.

We do too...as well as a few different size Xikar punches and we just got the new Xikar V cutter...which is a great addition as I occasionally used that version many years ago.

Truth is, you definitely need a few different ways to cut a cigar based on it's ring size and personal preference.

To this day, there's just something to opening up the humidor, carefully selecting a cigar, and THEN deciding how you want to cut it based on all the different options you have available. I personally think it's an equal part of the whole ritual of enjoying a great smoke....selecting, cutting, lighting & smoking.

I love scissors. Stated using them when I worked a shop a while back. Then I bought a Xicar Multi tool, unfortunately I lost it a year ago. I had a Palio cutter until I was flying back from Italy in march- I know I packed it. It could not find it a week later. I'm left with a Xicar which I got in a Secret Santa package. So the only cutter I haven't lost, happens to be the one that was gifted to me. You cannot go wrong with any of the mentioned cutters and the reality of it is, you'll probably buy the one you didn't get later on.

Get both! Problem solved.

We do too...as well as a few different size Xikar punches and we just got the new Xikar V cutter...which is a great addition as I occasionally used that version many years ago.

Truth is, you definitely need a few different ways to cut a cigar based on it's ring size and personal preference.

To this day, there's just something to opening up the humidor, carefully selecting a cigar, and THEN deciding how you want to cut it based on all the different options you have available. I personally think it's an equal part of the whole ritual of enjoying a great smoke....selecting, cutting, lighting & smoking.

Believe it or not, this man speaks wise words! o_O

I have a swiss army three-hole punch which I use most of the time. The best guillotine I've ever had is my Palio... and now I'll look for some scissors, just because I'm feeling a little spicy today. You'll need different types of cutters for different types of cigars, and different types of scenarios. I don't mind using scissors or clipper at home, but when out and about, a punch could be more convenient.. etc.

I love ZIKAR products! You can't beat their warranty! I have the both Mayan cutters, one torch lighter and windproof flame lighters. Plus a couple of punches and XI cutters. Every time my lighter breaks, I send it back and either they fix it or replace with a newer product...

I just picked up a Polio. The leaf looking one. Both cutters were good, but I just liked the Palio more.

I really love my Xikar Xi, though I have never tried the Palio. I'd like to get one for diversity's sake. I used to use punches, but I found I prefer the larger open end to draw from. A buddy of mine really likes the Xikar V-cutter. I've smoked some bigger-ring gauge sticks using the V-cutter, but I don't like it so much on smaller gauge cigars. Personal preference.

I have the xikar v-cutter. Not that great IMO. Just personal preference I guess. I go back and forth between a regular xikar and my Palio.

I have had a Palio for a few years now and it works great, but my cuban crafters perfect cutter is my go to :thumbs:

Just got my Swiss Army Knife with cigar cutter in the mail today. Will give it a shot tonight and in a couple weeks I will post a review or pictures.

I hope I like the Wenger cutter. Though I see a ton of good review on the Victorinox version

I loved my Votorinox punch cutter. I forgot I had it on me and had to give it up at a TSA checkpoint flying out of Kansas City last year; broke my heart.

I use a Cuban Crafters Perfect Cigar Cutter, is not as fancy as a Xicar or Palio but this thing is extremely sharp and has a lifetime warranty.
And a complete noob as I am, it doesn't let me cut more of the cap than I have to. Is truly a perfect cut all the time. Any one else have one of this?