• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Question about Dating/Marking Cigars

JTuttle

So I have grown a ton on my cigar collection over the past year by leaps and bounds have multiple humidors and a Coolidor now.
Since joining this fine web site my knowledge and love of cigars has also grown from a small habit to a true obsession.
Would like to thank you all, my wallet on the other hand dislikes you.

Ok to the question.
So I have collected a lot of cigars from other people and have paid for many boxes and in the old days it was easy for me to write down when I got them to keep an Idea of how old they are but now I have to many and multiples from different dates. Guess in my roundabout way I am asking how do you all mark your cigars to know dates is there a company that makes little bands or do you cut little pieces of paper and does does tape or glue mess up cigars.

Sorry if this is a dumb question.
I have searched as best I could to see if this topic has come up but found nothing.
Thx

I don't label too often but you can buy blank bands.
Just make sure the sticky part doesn't get on the wrapper.

-Rob

I have never had sexual relations with a cigar!

That's not to say she didn't!

:whistling:

...oh, wrong forum!

BTW - just put the in 5 sleeve bags and mark the outside.

Or get bands.

LINKY to SEARCH! (put in 'blank bands')

Can't link to search results.

If you have whole boxes, write the date on the bottom of the box. For singles in cello, write the date on the cello tag at the bottom. Or, try here: http://www.cigarpass.com/forumsipb/index.php?showtopic=55018&view=findpost&p=943651

I get little labels at the office supply store, and place those on the cello.

I also save cellos, off the cigars I smoke, to place other cigars into. I am a proponent of cello on.

I also write on the boxes, as Tom mentioned.

Do not use marker directly on the cigar.

I have put something on the 'cap' when traveling.

(Unbanded and all) But I will just put 1 or 2-3 letters on it to remind me what it is.

A 'fine' pen works best.

- Full boxes get dated when they go in the cabinet.
- Cigars in cello get the date written on the cello, past the foot where the cello isn't around or touching the cigar.
- Bare sticks get labels.

Thank for all the help... it was mostly singles without cello that was causeing the problem. The cello ones I had little sticker on the end part.

now I feel like an idiot I thought of ton of different ways other then blank band in the search arg.

got friend who works for a post it note paper company I think I can talk him into make me some bands.

Biggest problem was I wasnt sure what would hurt the cigar like glue or tape even being on just the paper.

Thank for all the help... it was mostly singles without cello that was causeing the problem. The cello ones I had little sticker on the end part.

now I feel like an idiot I thought of ton of different ways other then blank band in the search arg.

got friend who works for a post it note paper company I think I can talk him into make me some bands.

Biggest problem was I wasnt sure what would hurt the cigar like glue or tape even being on just the paper.

Cigar labels do not let the glue touch the cigar!

I bought the blank bands from Heartfelt, and I label all of my cigars...

- Boxes have the date on the box
- Individuals have the date/amount paid (or gift)/person bought from (or gifted from). That way I remember what I paid for them, plus I also remember if they were a gift (that way I don't sell them).

Just like to thank you all for the quick and great respond. I think I will just be lazy and order some and do just like 2k6TBSS does I like records. I have tried to keep every band of all the cigars I smoke but I forget alot.

This is also starting to be an issue for me, thanks for all the info.

I use a fine tip Marks-a Lot and put the date on the cello (paper if no cello) and go from there.