• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

question about desktop humidor!

18inch

#1. I'm browsing for my first desktop humidor, and I need some inputs so I can make the right decision, can you guys tell me if the Addison 40 Cigar Humidor with digital hygrometer is a good one? They say it comes with 2 silver humidifiers, i'm not to sure if they are good humidifiers or bad?

#2. the boxes that comes with 25cigar that you buy, can they be used as humidors ?

#3. Cigarillos equally needs to be in a humidor as much as a cigar?

thank you

1) Got a link or something so we can check it out? What's the source?

2) No.

3) Doesn't hurt, but some are dry cured so they do not need to be kept in a humidor.

Looks like a basic "chinese made" model. No idea where they're actually made, though. Season it properly, get some beads for humidification, calibrated digital hygrometer.

Looks pretty small, though. By the time you fit a puck or two of beads in there and the hygrometer, you'll probably fit 20 cigars or so in there.

I'd rather spend $15 on this and spend the rest on cigars, but if you want a pretty box...

Lock and Locks work great as an every day humidor. I just put the whole box in there. I like having a nice amount of Cedar in there to act as a buffer.
One thing to keep in mind is that this is air tight, and you have to open them at least once a week to allow air exchange.

Jholmes, great idea. I'm just in the process of re-seasoning my desktop humidor as the RH remained low. The coolador was a little much for me at this point. If the re-seasoning does not work, this may be a viable option.

Roughly how many cigars do you think the item you linked to would hold, including a 1/2 lb of beads? Cigars would be out of the box. How many boxes do you think that would accommodate? I'll have to look at specs and than at Heartfelt's site to see how much beads would be necessary. I definitely like this idea.

Thanks for sharing your recommendation.

Roughly how many cigars do you think the item you linked to would hold, including a 1/2 lb of beads? Cigars would be out of the box. How many boxes do you think that would accommodate? I'll have to look at specs and than at Heartfelt's site to see how much beads would be necessary. I definitely like this idea.

It's 11.8 x 9.2 x 7.4 inches, so do the math based on whatever size cigar you keep around normally. Easily a couple of boxes can stack up inside there. In or out of the box; I've done both. I keep some extra cedar in there, too, like Monk said.

I keep a large bead tube in there for humidification and it'll keep for months.

I have some Lock and Locks whose boveda packs have lasted several years.