• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Question about exclusive blends for B&M's

woodbm

Drink a little drink, smoke a little smoke
I was in Washington D.C. yesterday visiting the B&M that I always go to. While there I grabbed some of my go to smokes that I always pick up. At the same time I went ahead and asked the guy behind the counter for a recommendation because I wanted to try something different. He recommended a salomon and told me it was made exclusively for their shop. So I picked two of them up. Later on that evening I was messing around online and decided to do a google search on the cigar only to find that another cigar company has the same cigar and also stating it was made exclusively for their company. Is it possible that companies get exclusive cigars that are the same size but have different blends of tobacco? Or is that they aren't as exclusive as I was lead to believe?

I was in Washington D.C. yesterday visiting the B&M that I always go to. While there I grabbed some of my go to smokes that I always pick up. At the same time I went ahead and asked the guy behind the counter for a recommendation because I wanted to try something different. He recommended a salomon and told me it was made exclusively for their shop. So I picked two of them up. Later on that evening I was messing around online and decided to do a google search on the cigar only to find that another cigar company has the same cigar and also stating it was made exclusively for their company. Is it possible that companies get exclusive cigars that are the same size but have different blends of tobacco? Or is that they aren't as exclusive as I was lead to believe?

Yes.

What's the cigar?

Yes.

What's the cigar?

Gran Habano 3 SLS Salomon

I wonder if they mean 'exclusive' to certain cigar shops.

I know some vendors will get limited release smokes that others will not.
An example is the new Davidoff Embassy. The release is only going to 55(if I recall) shops.
So, that would be 'exclusive' - but I wouldn't really use that wording, although some might.

Note...some cigars may be 'exclusive' to a shop, yet another vendor may(I don't know why they would), but they may buy them and resell.

I wonder if they mean 'exclusive' to certain cigar shops.

I know some vendors will get limited release smokes that others will not.
An example is the new Davidoff Embassy. The release is only going to 55(id i recall) shops.
So, that would be 'exclusive' - but I wouldn't really use that wording, although some might.

Note...some cigars may be 'exclusive' to a shop, yet another vendor may(I don't know why they would), but they may buy them and resell.

Thanks for the heads up.