• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Question about some brands

Feynnehrun

Alrighty so I already pulled the trigger on 5-er of Johnny-O! Here on the forum...that said, I have never tried these, tats, or illusione and I see them everywhere seeming very popular. I would like to get an official opinion (I know taste is subjective) on what you guys think. Not sure I want to invest in tats just yet, so it's up to you guys to convince me!

Sidenote: I have smoked a padron 64 and fuente woam. How do these compare to the above mentioned? Thanks a ton!

Also there's a wicked game of calvinball about to happen if anyone is interested!

Alrighty so I already pulled the trigger on 5-er of Johnny-O! Here on the forum...that said, I have never tried these, tats, or illusione and I see them everywhere seeming very popular. I would like to get an official opinion (I know taste is subjective) on what you guys think. Not sure I want to invest in tats just yet, so it's up to you guys to convince me!

Sidenote: I have smoked a padron 64 and fuente woam. How do these compare to the above mentioned? Thanks a ton!

Also there's a wicked game of calvinball about to happen if anyone is interested!

Tats are nasty. You won't like them. Never buy any. :)

Thank you,

Official Tat whore.

Thank you,

Official Tat whore.
Who are you and what do you know about cigars to give advice like this?

I believe Kingantz is trying to steer me away from his potential hunting grounds! I WILL NOT BACK DOWN! In fact....this is war....I will now continue reading your strategic bluepri.....aherm Cigar reviews and see what your true stance is!

Best way is to try them. Sample 3-5 of lots of cigars until you figure out what you enjoy about them and then you can search for cigars with similar attributes. You could get 50 suggestions in a thread like this and maybe one of those has similar tastes as you. Read through reviews and then smoke that cigar and see if you note similar flavors in the cigar. If you do, read more reviews by that person and try more cigars. Rinse repeat. It's a marathon, not a sprint.

Thank you,

Official Tat whore.

In that case can I return the sampler I just bought? :laugh:

Thank you,

Official Tat whore.

In that case can I return the sampler I just bought? :laugh:

I'll just hang on to them for ya, will let you know how they smoke. :D

Like we keep saying, taste is subjective, but you have to do the judging for yourself. A good cigar is just that, good. No one here smokes rockets (that they admit to), so a Tat or Illusione, Padron, Fuente, Cohiba, H. Upmann is going to be a good smoke, but did you get a tingle in your gonads? Find your tingle and you have it made. Then you check out the others, but you have built your house on a rock that YOU like.

Just head over to Swissy's on your next liberty. If you're lucky, you will arrive on his day on and you can sample anything you want. You might want to bring a treat or two for the pups.

Just hit up the local Cigar store and he didn't have any Tats or illusione. He did however have some Trinidad Habana Reserve siglo VI that I almost picked up, I did enjoy my last trinidad. I grabbed a Cohiba Black instead. Will be my first one so I'll let ya'll know how it went :)

Tats are really good cigars, but I prefer Pete's La Riqueza line over the Tats, Cabaiguans and Triunfadors. Although the Boris is probably the best Tat I've ever smoked. I think the Padron 26s are superior to the Tats as are Fuente's Anejo and Opus lines. That's just my opinion though. Experiment with ejat your local B&M carries. You want to be familiar with what is easily available to you. Remember...smoke what you like and like what you smoke. That's all that really matters in the end.

Like others have said, you just have to try 'em. Once you hit your four months active, or whatever it is, post an ISO. Someone can easily hook you up with a sampler.

I think Tats would line up nicely with what you've mentioned. Reds and Browns are strong, solid cigars.

Illusione, on the other hand, are very unique. Or at least I think they are. I haven't had anything that comes close to tasting like an Illusione. Medium-strong strength, very aromatic smoke, almost floral, but not sweet at all. I'd take an Illusione over any other smoke, except for maybe a few HTF things. I've had some tunneling issues with them, but there's nothing I can do about that.

-John

Well, the truth is, you've asked a mouth full there.

My "go to" brand remains Tatuaje, and numerous vitolas within there. I do enjoy the Illusione's I've had and find their flavor profile similar to that of the Tats I enjoy. However, I find they fall slightly short of my favorite Tats.

Padron 64's and 26's are all great cigars. AF WOAMs have never done much for me, and to be honest the only AFs I really keep as a main stay in the humi are the Anejo's. But there's no doubt AF makes a very solid line of cigars and the WOAMs are part of that.

Overall, everything you've listed is very tasty in my opinion. As far as how the compare to one another......well, Tat's are the tops for me, and everything else seems to depend on the mood I'm in.

Happy smoking.

I guarantee you won't like the Johnny-O's. There is just something about them that errks me. Just send them to me and I'll see that they're properly disposed of.

:whistling:

Just buy one of each. It's pretty simple.

Tatuajes are nice but they are too inconsistent. Loose draws have been the norm lately(a box of 2009 Cojonus).

I will say you can not go wrong with any Illusiones. They are good. But I'll share a secret with you. Try a Cruzado. The best cigar Dion makes is the Dantes. This is a bold statement but you will not be disappointed!

Just hit up the local Cigar store and he didn't have any Tats or illusione. He did however have some Trinidad Habana Reserve siglo VI that I almost picked up, I did enjoy my last trinidad. I grabbed a Cohiba Black instead. Will be my first one so I'll let ya'll know how it went :)
Have you tried the Newbie Sampler thread? It is the best way to sample some of the best cigars that are in your taste profile.

Just buy one of each. It's pretty simple.
I agree that what people say doesn't mean much compared with personal experience. I would amend it by saying don't decide completely without trying at least a couple. Preferably from different sources.

Well, the truth is, you've asked a mouth full there.

My "go to" brand remains Tatuaje, and numerous vitolas within there. I do enjoy the Illusione's I've had and find their flavor profile similar to that of the Tats I enjoy. However, I find they fall slightly short of my favorite Tats.

Padron 64's and 26's are all great cigars. AF WOAMs have never done much for me, and to be honest the only AFs I really keep as a main stay in the humi are the Anejo's. But there's no doubt AF makes a very solid line of cigars and the WOAMs are part of that.

Overall, everything you've listed is very tasty in my opinion. As far as how the compare to one another......well, Tat's are the tops for me, and everything else seems to depend on the mood I'm in.

Happy smoking.

I'm not sure here, but this might be, quite possibly, the first cigar related post where Wyatt did not use the word 'Pepin'.

:p

:laugh:

I'm not sure here, but this might be, quite possibly, the first cigar related post where Wyatt did not use the word 'Pepin'.

:p

:laugh:

Yeah, but he heaped so much praise onto Tat's that I think he gets to keep Pepin whore card.

I will say you can not go wrong with any Illusiones. They are good. But I'll share a secret with you. Try a Cruzado. The best cigar Dion makes is the Dantes. This is a bold statement but you will not be disappointed!

After you smoke the Dantes, smoke an Epernay and never look back. :laugh: