• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Question about weird shapes

symyn

I have always like a perfecto type shape in my cigars, from my first Partagas Perfecto, it was my match. I don't know why I like that shape so much, but I am looking for some info into other shapes like a perfecto where the dimensions are perfectly straigt like a corona but are still awesome tasting cigars. What brands / type should I be looking for?

Partagas Presidents.

RyJ CF's are quite tasty...

Fonseca Invictos...

The always expensive Party Salamone...just to name a few...

Although discontinued, Partags, H. Upmann, RyJ, and Punch all had a M/M Perfecto in thier respective lines. I think that H.Upmann called thiers belveders while the rest called thiers simply perfectos.

Partagas Presidents have the factory name "Taco"

IIRC, Altidas did away with all other Perfecto cigars and made Cuaba the sole line that would be all Perfectos (could be wrong??). That's why I stated Cuaba is the only Perfecto line made today.

It was put out that all perfectos from Habanos SA would be sold under the Cuaba brand name. As of yet, that has not been completely the case, though I hear it is what is in store for the future of perfectos in Havana. Mind you, this would be regular production vitolas. Romeo Celestial Finos and Partagas Presidentes were both on the discontinued list and not listed in production books last year, if I recall.

I haven't heard much talk about the Cuaba brand. What kind of smoke is it, in both complexity, flavor, and strength? Is there one you would recommend?

symyn said:
I haven't heard much talk about the Cuaba brand.  What kind of smoke is it, in both complexity, flavor, and strength?  Is there one you would recommend?
[snapback]213517[/snapback]​

I've tried a few Cuabas and the only one that I really liked was the Solomone. But it is a big a$$ cigar! I thought it was very tasty and of full body. It did not strike me as being very complex though. Next on my list is the real big mo fo, the Diadema.