• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Question about wrappers/maduro's

TonyG

When I was a young lad, my father enjoyed cigars daily. One his friends gave him a box of cigars as a gift. Naturally, as a curious 14 yr old, I pinched a stick or two and took them to highschool to puff on out behind the greenhouse at the back of the school.

The one thing I always remember about these cigars was that they had no band and the wrapper was greenish in colour. I have been trying to educate myself about wrappers, fillers and binding etc. and have yet to hear of green wrappers.

Is there anyone who can help me learn a bit about what I have described? Just curiosity based on a fond childhood memory.

That wrapper was a candela wrapper. During the 50's and 60's, it was the most popular wrapper in the US.

If I'm not mistaken, they're usually a sweeter wrapper and are with milder cigars.

You might try the Fuente Claro if you are looking to take a trip down memory lane. The only easily accessible candela wrapper with a long fill that I know of.

I've still got a few Fuente Claros and a few of the Camachos hanging around the shop. PM me an address and I'll gift you a few to try.