• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Question for the bourbon lovers of the board.

Basil Hayden is, for all intents and purposes, old watered down Old-Granddad. I like the Granddad better.

AVB always with something you can use. My buddy who runs was my old B&M before I PCS'd swore by Basil- I'll have to try the Grandad when I get home and compare...never had it. I usually keep a couple bottles of Knob,Basil, and Bakers in my cabinet for nights when I'm not drinking Scotch.

Thanks for the knowledge,

R

I haven't seen it lately locally myself...If you can find the 15 year it is one of the best price wise of the bunch. Some is usually available at the distillery I think last time I was there the 20 year was $125.....let me know and I will keep an eye out for ya.

Another big fan of PVW 15. Like you said it's seems like a great value play considering it is bottled at cask strength and it's the younger version of the 20 year old that often sells for twice as much. Don't get me wrong, the 20 is awesome.

I am still a nooob with the bourbons and scotches. Thanks to AVB my little world has expanded. PVW 20yo is outstanding, but I got the opportunity at QSH this year to have some PVW 23yo thanks to SKYDIVNKED (Floyd). My god was it good. Unfortunately, the price point is a little off the charts.