• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Question for the experts about profile

kann

One Leg Of Fury.
How does each marca retain the essence of their profile even though there are so many blends, but only so many sources of tobacco in Cuba? I mean, the RA Regional I smoked tonight was fanfuckingtastic. I can't tell you anything about the nuances I was getting, aside from Ramon Allones. A Cohiba always tastes like Cohiba. Every H. Upmann I've smoked (pretty much) has the same creamy Upmann undertones to it. What is it in the blend that makes each brand have a signature to it?

That RA was fantastic. I wish we had more as Bill confirmed these will be even better with 4 or so years

Well Nick, if we tell ya, black Chevy suburbans with tinted windows will roll up, and your dog will need someone new to walk him one woods.

I think the explanation has to include a discussion of factorials. [N!] ftw!

What I saw in video once, is that each marca has a “recipe”. That recipe is only known by the rollers and managers at the factories. X percent this leaf from this farm/region, x percent this one, x percent that one. As far as I know, it appears that is how it’s done. Search youtube for tobacco factories, one of them should discuss it. It is possible it may have been part of James Suckling’s documentary also. The recipe may change slightly, if there are issues with availability of tobacco.

I answered this on the vherf tonight 😊 C is on the right path.

When I get some time in the next few days, I will answer in more detail here.

How does each marca retain the essence of their profile even though there are so many blends, but only so many sources of tobacco in Cuba? I mean, the RA Regional I smoked tonight was fanfuckingtastic. I can't tell you anything about the nuances I was getting, aside from Ramon Allones. A Cohiba always tastes like Cohiba. Every H. Upmann I've smoked (pretty much) has the same creamy Upmann undertones to it. What is it in the blend that makes each brand have a signature to it?
Why do snickerdoodles taste like snickerdoodles...but not taste the same?

Also, search is your friend. ;)

This is even more fascinating when you think about how much land is required and the methodology that goes into it.

I don't know squat about farming but I know farmers rotate crops because if you grow the same thing in the same soil, year after year, your results will be negatively effected.

I think it's magic!