• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Question on Maine

Bxcigrfan

There Once was a Man from Nantucket...
hey its a possibility that i will be going to Portland, Maine May 17-21
is there a smoking ban in Maine?
how's the cigar scene there?

thanks

I LOVE Portland. Fantastic port town. I would pack up and relocate there if I could only figure out something to do for work when I get there!

Regarding smoking in general, it seems to be universally frounded upon. It's a surprising health conscious city. I'd assume you could smoke freely on the water front, but I wouldn't be surprised if someone gave you the stink eye. Overall, everyone there seems mellow so you shouldn't be met with too much resistance.

Enjoy your trip. If you have a chance sample the bakery next to the Hilton on Commercial St. ;)

Found out I am flying to Augusta tomorrow afternoon for a few days. Anyone know the smoking policy in a bar, or for that matter, any good cigar shops there?

Thx
Bob

hey its a possibility that i will be going to Portland, Maine May 17-21
is there a smoking ban in Maine?
how's the cigar scene there?

thanks

Sorry, I can't give specifics on the smoke friendly aspect of Portland. I moved away from there in '93. However, if you can't find anyplace willing to let you light one up, then check out:

Great Lost Bear: Killer beer selection, tons of taps and tons of local brews.
Gritty McDuff's: One of Portlands first brew-pubs. Awesome beer, killer food.
Shipyard Brewing Co: Get the tour and taste the brew.
J's Oyster: Hole in the wall on the waterfront. Great food, low price.
DeMillos: Unique high end chow... not on the waterfront. They're acutally ON the water. It's a floating restaurant with awesome food.
Brian Boru: Irish pub with decent beer selection and GREAT food and service
3 Dollar Deweys: Killer beer selection and one of the Old Ports original hang-outs.

All in all, Maine/Portland are not very cigar friendly (kinda like the West Coast), but the are VERY beer friendly.
Enjoy
Mike

thanks Mike, i do like beer so thats a plus

I live in Wells, ME which is about 30-40 minutes south of Portland. Like the previous posts said there are not a lot of cigar "bars" in Maine (I have never been to one) where you can grab a cigar and a drink, but there are a few smoke shops you can hit up.

I go to Dewey's (mentioned above) every time my fiance and I are going up to Sunday River, it is a great place with great beer, popcorn, and entertainment. Let me know if you have any questions more than happy to help.

Mike

Make sure you make time to go here:

22865998.jpg

Portland Head Light. Great place to smoke a cigar and contemplate the power of the N. Atlantic.

Doc

calabash cafe...right near the airport in portland...only place in portland to smoke a cigar....owners name is Ali...great guy...serves food...has walk in humidor....lcd tv's....not bad place...very friendly..cheers

I was in Maine a few weeks ago, enjoyed a PAM 64' on the beach... :love: