• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Question re: LCDH pricing

Roy R. Frush

Karaté?
i have a question regarding pricing at lcdh shops. are their prices consistent across all locations, or are prices adjusted locally based on demand? search turned up the general consensus that prices tend to be on the high side; but it wasnt clear if this was seen everywhere, or specifically at more touristy locales.

Price will be consistant in Cuba. Other than that you have to look at the individual countries. Spain has a set pricing schedule for tobacco products, as do some other countries. You'll find higher prices in Hong Kong, for example or on some of the Caribbean islands. So, depending on location, you'll find varying prices and availablity of items.

thanks for the info! i will be in puerto vallarta over the holidays and wasnt sure if they would have "tourist adjusted" prices. your post leads me to believe i ought to just bring my own...

Prices aren't too outrageous in PV, but you can get better and cheaper via the web.

I have gone to the PV store, it is right downtown. I have also visited the TJ store.

TJ prices are 20% higher. Furthermore, cigars are not cheap to begin with. %100 markup at least.

I recentlly visited 2 LCDH's... one in Cozumel and one in Grand Cayman. They both had different prices but they were not too far off from one another. They were both higher than the internet...

Example of Cohiba Siglo IV...

Internet - $297
LCDH Grand Cayman - $350
LCDH Cozumel - $385

The nice thing about buying from the LCDH is the fact that you can see and feel them. You also can browse through the boxes to choose your own box code as well. If you are able to find something with a little age on it, then I feel it would be worth the extra $$$.

Hope this helps.

It will be hard to beat the price and convenience of the internet vendors. Also, if you have established a relationship with a reliable vendor he can select the type of sticks you like. In short, I'd bring my own smokes and if I found something I couldn't live without well so much the better.

I have visited LCDH shops while vacationing or on business in many places and countries -- as has been stated above - you can usually find your cigars cheaper (sometimes MUCH cheaper) on the net. However, it is like the joy of visiting your local mom and pop cigar store. There is the great experience of seeing their stock, stopping to talk and sometimes smoke a cigar - the ability to search for a particular date and or Factory Code ...and every now and then - you find something that has been there a while and you just don't see advertised from your regular internet sources.

I still look forward to visiting these shops for the above reasons - getting a great price usually is not the case.

DocRKS said:
I have visited LCDH shops while vacationing or on business in many places and countries -- as has been stated above - you can usually find your cigars cheaper (sometimes MUCH cheaper) on the net. However, it is like the joy of visiting your local mom and pop cigar store. There is the great experience of seeing their stock, stopping to talk and sometimes smoke a cigar - the ability to search for a particular date and or Factory Code ...and every now and then - you find something that has been there a while and you just don't see advertised from your regular internet sources.

I still look forward to visiting these shops for the above reasons - getting a great price usually is not the case.
[snapback]265823[/snapback]​

Well said... You have to experience it to know the feeling :) Is $40-$50 more for a box that has an extra year of age on it worth it... im my opinion it is!!! Plus, shipping times are less and the smokes tend to arrive in better condition :p

Some online vendors sell boxes with 16+ years of age on them for less than LCDH 05 stock. No matter what you do if you are willing to shop around their are great prices. I found a few good places, but their websites are not in english :whistling: