• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Quorum Shade

H. Vachon

King of the Hobo Hut
6x50 Toro
Shade grown Edcuadorian Connecticut Wrapper
Nigaraguan long leaf filler
Pretty solid construction
Ash typically held on to 1.5”-2”

This cigar was fairly mild in body and strength. It wasn’t rolled quite as tight as most Quorums I’ve had in the past, but the draw was perfect so I’m not complaining. It had a pretty fast burn around 50 minutes. I will definitely say this is a pretty simple cigar at a fairly low cost. There’s nothing really too complex about it at all and would be a great cheap cigar to give one of your friends who is interested in smoking cigars.

First third: Very light, sweet and creamy smoke. A slight hint of honey. Primarily just a nice natural tobacco.

Second third: Similar to the first third. Almost had a cashew in the retrohale. Started getting a little peppery near the midway point (which I welcomed because I was looking for a some sort of change at this point.)

Final third: The pepper faded after about 10 minutes in. At this point it was Just tobacco. The sweetness was gone. I found myself purging between every draw despite slowing my pace way down to fight the heat as I was nearing the band (I’m assuming the loose roll didn’t help this, as I normally don’t experience that with Quorums.)

I let it die about half way through what used to be the band. I know a lot of people like to smoke to the bitter end but this stick would have a very BITTER end. We are all here because we enjoy cigars. I always make a point to quit while I’m ahead before I stop enjoying myself.

My overall opinion of this cigar is.. Meh. Like I said, it would be great for someone who has never had a cigar or if you were mowing the lawn, but it lacks the complexity that I personally enjoy in other cigars. Out of the three Quorums I have tried (Shade, Classic, and Maduro) this was by far my least favorite. If you’re looking for a cheap stick that you don’t have to think too much about, this is your guy ?

Please share your opinions as well! 55718C26-18C2-49A0-B264-36639792AB43.jpeg6697BE65-1217-4F70-B9A9-6609EEF1804C.jpeg

I am always curious about bundle cigars because I have had some good ones. So thanks for exing Quorum off the potential gem list.

I am also curious about Suelo by Tatuaje and Fresco by Perdomo. They are bundle cigars from manufacturers I already like. Maybe next time at my local I'll get one to try.

Thanks again for a great review!

I just read up on the Fresco Maduro. I’m trying to locate a site that sells it in a 5 pack because I haven’t seen them in my local store. Looks like you can pick up el suelo for $20 for a 5 pack. Thanks for throwing those out there!

Also, as far as Quorum is concerned. If you happen to stumble upon the Maduro, I can almost guarantee it’ll be worth the 3 bucks haha. Significantly more flavorful than the Shade.

Very nice! Try some higher end cigars. I take it you are young. I remember being where you were at! I was determined to find a gem of a cigar at less than $3.00 a cigar. Went through hundreds of them. I only ever found one. It was the Mayorga Robusto Maduro. Discontinued today and I’m willing to bet my taste have changed so much that if I got my hands on one today, I’d think they suck.

I smoke less these days, but when I do, it’s quality and I’m not trying to pinch pennies like that cheap bastard Steve! ?

Very nice! Try some higher end cigars. I take it you are young. I remember being where you were at! I was determined to find a gem of a cigar at less than $3.00 a cigar. Went through hundreds of them. I only ever found one. It was the Mayorga Robusto Maduro. Discontinued today and I’m willing to bet my taste have changed so much that if I got my hands on one today, I’d think they suck.

I smoke less these days, but when I do, it’s quality and I’m not trying to pinch pennies like that cheap bastard Steve! ?
Can’t blame a guy for trying ? I definitely enjoy higher end cigars, just not as frequently. And I just starting doing reviews, I never knew how much flavor I was missing (even in cheaper sticks) until I forced myself to put it on paper. It’s made the experience much more enjoyable.

I recently had an Ashton VSG as well as an Ashton Heritage Puro Sol. Those have been two of my favorites along side Diesel Whiskey Row.

Looking forward to a few I have resting and hopefully can put up some reviews of something worth smoking ?

Ah... Quorum -- the AAFES deployment cigar. I've smoked more of these than I care to admit. They do the part well for "down time socializing" when you are in a shitty place, especially when they are your only option. I can think of worse yardgars, but that's about all these are good for on home soil, in my opinion. My wife came home with a bundle she picked up cheap a while ago, and they served as my handout cigars.

Ah... Quorum -- the AAFES deployment cigar. I've smoked more of these than I care to admit. They do the part well for "down time socializing" when you are in a shitty place, especially when they are your only option. I can think of worse yardgars, but that's about all these are good for on home soil, in my opinion. My wife came home with a bundle she picked up cheap a while ago, and they served as my handout cigars.
Yeah, they would definitely serve the same purpose for me if I decided to buy anymore. Though I can say, I’ve been on a mission to find the best handouts I can and these probably wouldn’t be my first choice. I’m currently smoking a Conuco toro and I’m pleasantly surprised with it. Would definitely go with them over Quorums for my friends new to smoking. Very nice full flavor without knocking them on their asses ?