• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Rafael Gonzalez

c1garfan

Brethren,

Today I was in the mood for something different. I looked through the humidor and grabbed a smoke that isn't as well known as some of the bigger Cuban names. I came across a Rafael Gonzalez Corona Extra. This isn't one of my favorites, but I haven't had one in a while so I decided to give it a go. Upon inspection I could see that this cigar wasn't the best looking thing in the box. The wrapper was pale with prominent veins. The cigar was firm to the touch with solid construction. I punched the cap and lit the foot. The first thing that crossed my mind was dry wood. Not much flavor to speak of at all. The draw was a bit plugged, but still smokeable. As I continued, the flavor remained bland and uneventful. I think the wrapper was a good indication of what I was going to experience with this smoke. At the halfway point I was so bored I considered dropping it and sparking up a new one. In hopes things would change I marched forward. Well, my patience was unanswered. The cigar was dull from beginning to end. On to the next......

gallery_7858_1038_2413.jpg

gallery_7858_1038_20617.jpg

gallery_7858_1038_4365.jpg

gallery_7858_1038_9788.jpg

gallery_7858_1038_20339.jpg

That's surprising to hear of the Rafael's. These are great cigars, a connoisseurs choice, IMHO.

You should give RG another shot.. You won't regret it down the road.. The only thing you'll regret is not finding decent prices on RG Lonsdales :)

Yes, I really enjoy these cigars. I recently stocked up on this cigar and its little brother, the RGPC.