• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Ran My First Official 5K Race Today

DesertRat

Perpetual Newbie
Ever since running in the SBSD Mud Run with some CPer's last September, I've been hooked on running. I'm up to about 25 miles per week in training at present and this morning was my first official 5K (3.1 mile) race. The Mud Run doesn't count as a race in my opinion because we ran it as a team, left no man behind and did it purely for fun without regard to our finish time.

Anyways my results are in and out of 3,000 runners in the race I finished 565th with a time of 29:44.

In my age group (45-49) I finished 39th!

It was a beautiful race as well. Running along Pacific Coast Highway in Huntington Beach Ca. on a clear cloudless day is fantastic!

Next race will be March 13th!

Congratulations! There's killer 10k/5k here in the Palisades every July 4th. Let me know if you need a running partner! :thumbs:

I wanted to run in that today and I missed the registration and it sold out. I will be running that next year they have some kick ass trophies for completing the course. Congrats! My work is getting a team together for the 2010 SBSD mud run.

The best thing about running marathon's, is the women! Best kept secret for picking up gorgeous, in shape, wearing close to nothing women! I used to love it, I'm engaged now so I just enjoy looking. I ran a marathon in San Fran, it was nice but not as nice as our marathons here is the D.C area, in terms of women and location. My favorite run is here in DC called the George Washington Parkway Classic, you start at Mount Vernon (GW's house) and run into old town Alexandria. One word "Gorgeous", its a 10 miler.

I also personally love the twilight runs in the dark, they are always fun. Whats your next goal, 10 mile, half marathon, whole marathon? I personally can run all of them but the whole marathon is brutal on my knees, I hurt for 3 miles until they go numb. I only try to run no more than 16 miles at a time now, well I am slowly getting into the triathalons but I suck at swimming and my butt hurts if I ride my bike too long.

Good job!!! I ran my first 5k back in October in 20:12. Finshed 2nd in age group (22-25) and 14th overall out of 400+.

Running is something I'm really good at but I hate doing it if I don't have to. I ran the damn thing for my wife who wanted to do it with her friends from work
rolleyes.gif
... I always tell her if I wanted to go run 3 mi I'd just go out on the road and run... She says she likes them for the t-shirts
laugh.gif

Congrats on the 5K Danny. I'm familiar with the run as I grew up in the HB/FV area. Keep up the good work.

Congrats on the milestone, I havent run a 5k since I was on the cross country team in HS...I need to get back to running.

Danny,

Great job! Running is a strange beast. I hate doing it before I do it and while I'm doing it but after it's over, I feel great. I ran the Air Force Half Marathon last fall. I'll run it again this year. Keep your shoes on & laced up! You never know when another 5K will spring up!

Cheers,

Tony

Good for you!! It must feel great to cross that 5K mark and know you had the strength to do it... Id be dead at 500 ft. :-D

That's awesome! I'm only doing 12-15/week and have yet to do an official "race". I'm hoping to finish under 40:00.