• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Random musings

Will be interesting to see the results. I haven't read the other ones yet. I did this back in '99 or '00 and out of six cigars got 4 correct as to not only Cuban or Non-Cuban, but also the specific brand, one wrong and one that was Cuban but had no idea what brand. But, to do that nowadays with blend changes and better quality tobacco coming from other parts of the world, I'm not sure how I would do. The little bit of newer stuff I've had from Havana, aside from custom stuff, has almost all tasted the same. Good luck!

Will be interesting to see the results. I haven't read the other ones yet. I did this back in '99 or '00 and out of six cigars got 4 correct as to not only Cuban or Non-Cuban, but also the specific brand, one wrong and one that was Cuban but had no idea what brand. But, to do that nowadays with blend changes and better quality tobacco coming from other parts of the world, I'm not sure how I would do. The little bit of newer stuff I've had from Havana, aside from custom stuff, has almost all tasted the same. Good luck!

Interesting that you should say that, Matt. I've heard allegations from a number of people that this is indeed going on. "One blend to rule them all" and such, tossed into boxes based on color sorting... at least in factories that have less oversight...

lol will people ever learn, or perhaps it is a good way to get a lot of free hard to find premiums. everyone send me a truck load of cigars and I will tell you the country of origin. :D

actually I have found with Moki's and other blind tastings, 6 out of 10 people might get 50% right just from guessing cuban or non cuban ( 6 out of 10 is on the high side btw). Also no one knows how much research is put in to the cigar before they post about the cigar. For me it all goes back to smoke what you like, not because who makes it or where it is from.