• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Random Mystery Cigar?

5 O'Clock Somewhere

So I have no clue what this thing is. To be perfectly honest, I'm just drunk and had nothing better to do. BigJake said he wouldn't tell me what it was until after I smoked it so here it goes :blush: :

Post what this is Jake, just for grins! :cool:

Vitola:
Churchill - 7 x 50

Wrapper: Natural (I'm not sure what, maybe Sumatra?)

Construction: Pretty good. The draw is a tad bit loose, but better than being plugged I guess. The wrapper itself has quite a few veins, but no cracks, bulges, or tears. The foot appears a little odd, like it's missing some tobacco. This cut very cleanly in spite of the fact that I used a terrible cutter to do so.

Burn: This bad boy torched up quick and burned very straight from the get go. For some reason, after having a nice initial 2 inches of ash, it seemed to flake really easily after that.

Taste: The draw prior to ignition was kind of pointless as I was unable to distinguish any real flavors whatsoever. Too mild and thin in nature to pick up much of anything. Upon light, I was smacked in the face with an extremely sweet taste, to the extent of almost tasting like a Swisher Sweet or something. It mellowed down after a few draws, leaving only a slightly sweet taste for the next couple inches. Around 2 inches in, after the sweetness departed (or after I grew too used to it to notice much anymore), a very light cedary taste came out. This was an extremely muffled taste with hardly any body, but for some reason an aftertaste that seemed to linger. The smoke itself was pretty nice at this point, very voluminous and pleasant to the mouth. I was unable to pick out anything significant about this cigar the rest of the time, except for the last 2 inches, which were very bitter. A chemical, pharmaceutical-like taste entered the scene with a couple inches to go. This wasn't really a deal breaker though, considering most inexpensive cigars I wouldn't expect them to make it to the nub. Very, very mild and not much complexity, but perhaps in a way that would suit many mild cigar smokers.

Aftermath:
I'd say this would have been better if I hadn't been drinking whiskey all night. Compared to bourbon, a cigar this mild is like smoking air. Because of the solid construction and noob-friendly mild taste, I'd say this is a cigar I wouldn't mind having around to give to my friends who probably wouldn't get a whole lot out of a premium cigar.

These pics suck, but I know that I hate reading a review and not getting to see what was smoked:

Have a great weekend guys!

Can't tell you how many mystery sticks I've had - till about 2 years ago when I got blank bands. I mark everything now.

Welcome to the wonderful world of mysterious non banded stogies. I threw that in there for you because it is one of my favorite very inexpensive smokes.

That particular one is from early 2005. It is a...Famous Nicaraguan Churchill. :sign:

Welcome to the wonderful world of mysterious non banded stogies. I threw that in there for you because it is one of my favorite very inexpensive smokes.

That particular one is from early 2005. It is a...Famous Nicaraguan Churchill.

I like the Famous Nics as a cheap smoke too. Which series was this? I usually buy the 1000's

I think drinking heavily before a random mystery smoke is a great idea. That way, if it's a bad smoke, you're buzzed and all is well! Or, if it's great, you're buzzed and all is well!

Now, where did I put my bourbon?

-trails off mumbling and stumbling around the apartment-