• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Random thoughts after a couple dedicated weeks

dulaney22

Banned
Been on an ISOM kick the last couple weeks and just wanted to share some thoughts and welcome any in return.

Forget the Bolivar Royal Corona . . . the Corona Extra is where it's at. I bought a 10 pack of the BRC and was gifted a couple coronas. I've read and heard a lot about this robusto being one the best, but damn the corona is a great little stick. To me, it seems to take the good of the RC and improve upon it. Don't get me wrong, I like the BRC, but the corona seems to be a more power-packed smoke.

I have been really impressed by the RyJ Short Churchill. I haven't seen many comments about this stick and didn't have too many expectations going in, but it holds it's on with the RASS and BRC. It didn't have some of the flavor of the RASS, but seemed to be a bit more spicy and had a nice bit of nic at the end. I really enjoyed it and didn't think I would.

I really like Monte #4's. I've only had a few #2's . . . had a really bland one in the bunch, but I have really enjoyed the 4's. They aren't strong, but seem to deliver a nice flavor profile similar to the #4 and leave a nice tobacco aftertaste.

Oh . . . the SLR A. I don't really know what to say about this smoke? I have not tasted a stogie with this type of aroma and flavor. At times I thought it was disgusting and at others I thought it was spectacular. To me, it's truly a unique and odd smoke.

Punch . . . have smoked a few, mostly coronas. These are what I would call mild, but they seem to have a really nice, earthy taste and aroma which makes me somewhat nostalgic. They seem to be just good, quality smokes . . . not a lot of flavors, but what's there is really nice.

Gonna fire up a Lusi and Punch Churchill this weekend . . . can't wait.

Lee

...forget the BRC...?? Don't think so.... :laugh: But, I will hunt down a Corona Extra or two and try it. I found the PC's to be "OK" but they never really rocked my world.

Completely agree on the RyJ Short Churchill. A great and apparently often overlooked smoke.

Strangely, I haven't smoked many Monte's. Thanks for reminding me....

SLR A's.....agree. Wonderful smokes.

Punch - I have some Punch Punch left and I'd put them on the same tier as the SLR A's. A very nice, tasty, earthy smoke. I like that one a lot.

Enjoy the journey - B.B.S.

The RyJ Short Churchill gets overlooked? I smoked three or four and I enjoyed them all. Oddly enough, the one I gave out as a gift ended tasting ammoniated.

-Mark

Where is my good friend Ramon Allones in this? If you like the Montecristo #4, I would strongly recommend the Ramon Allones Small Club Corona and the Partagas Short.. Partagas Shorts smoke great fresh.. Which reminds me, the SCdLH El Principes.. mmmm

This thread has decided for me that my next purchase will be RyJ Short Churchills.

Thanks!

Another overlooked smoke is Juan Lopez. Got a few Seleccion No. 1s I am working on that are VERY nice.

So, BBS hasn't had many Montes!! :( What's up with dat??

You got a Monte No. 1 in the package I just sent you and I think that they are great.

I'll send ya a couple more Montes so you are not so deprived :D :D

/Lou

Had a RyJ Escudos today with major burn issues. I thought it was gonna be a great smoke . . . right off the bat I seemed to get a sweet, almost chocolate taste, but the burn issues left a bitter taste with me. Nice flavors, but a frustrating smoke.

Also, the wrapper on was very bumpy . . . more so than any other I've seen. Is this a characteristic of this particular smoke?