• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Rare La Aurora Escogidos cigars to be auctioned

Status
Not open for further replies.

FAMOUS SMOKE

AT CIGARAUCTIONEER.COM!!!!

How often do cigar smokers get a chance to smoke a cigar that's mainly available only by visiting its maker's factory? Well, unless you’re able to go to Santiago, The Dominican Republic to take the La Aurora factory tour where they're handed out gratis, then your best chance of getting your hands on one of these Escogidos at the next best price to free, is by bidding on the 5-packs that will be auctioned-off from Tuesday, October 6 through Monday, October 12 on CigarAuctioneer.com.

La Aurora Escogidos are blended with extra-long-aged Dominican longfillers, wrapped in a naturally sweet Cameroon wrapper, and rolled to a 5 x 50 Robusto shape. The smoke is primarily sweet, complex and medium in body. One online reviewer noted an "earthy woodiness" at the start, followed by a variety of sweet, fruity flavors with notes of chocolate and cinnamon in the mix.

Listed at $62.50 per 5-pack, the bidding will begin at $1.00. For those interested in bidding on these rare treats, as well as many other fine premium cigars on the auction block, visit www.cigarauctioneer.com.

AT CIGARAUCTIONEER.COM!!!!

How often do cigar smokers get a chance to smoke a cigar that's mainly available only by visiting its maker's factory? Well, unless you’re able to go to Santiago, The Dominican Republic to take the La Aurora factory tour where they're handed out gratis, then your best chance of getting your hands on one of these Escogidos at the next best price to free, is by bidding on the 5-packs that will be auctioned-off from Tuesday, October 6 through Monday, October 12 on CigarAuctioneer.com.

La Aurora Escogidos are blended with extra-long-aged Dominican longfillers, wrapped in a naturally sweet Cameroon wrapper, and rolled to a 5 x 50 Robusto shape. The smoke is primarily sweet, complex and medium in body. One online reviewer noted an "earthy woodiness" at the start, followed by a variety of sweet, fruity flavors with notes of chocolate and cinnamon in the mix.

Listed at $62.50 per 5-pack, the bidding will begin at $1.00. For those interested in bidding on these rare treats, as well as many other fine premium cigars on the auction block, visit www.cigarauctioneer.com.

I was given bundles of these to give away with the purchase of ANY La Aurora cigar sold in the store.

and if they are handed out for free only at the factory during a tour, how is it your store is able to put a retail value on it? If they were never produced for retail then one would assume they have no retail value.
just my .02 and probably worth as much but i just don't get it.

and if they are handed out for free only at the factory during a tour, how is it your store is able to put a retail value on it? If they were never produced for retail then one would assume they have no retail value.

That's right...they have no retail value.

I was just asking myself the same question.

We contacted Rene Castaneda, national sales manager, about this some time ago. The retail value posted is what he suggested.

We contacted Rene Castaneda, national sales manager, about this some time ago. The retail value posted is what he suggested.

So Rene suggested that the 5 packs are $62.50? But bidding starts at $1...for free cigars.

So Rene suggested that the 5 packs are $62.50? But bidding starts at $1...for free cigars.

The auction is designed to sell cigars at what people want to pay for them. Barring a plane ticket to the factory or buying a box to get these for "free", $1 is a pretty decent deal.

The auction is designed to sell cigars at what people want to pay for them. Barring a plane ticket to the factory or buying a box to get these for "free", $1 is a pretty decent deal.

Will you be auctioning Tatuaje Black Label Robustos soon as well?

jim

Will you be auctioning Tatuaje Black Label Robustos soon as well?

jim

Only if Pete lets us. Otherwise, not likely.

How shady can a posted topic get you ask....just read this one.

Isy, you hit the nail on the head. Here's a guy trying to RAPE unsuspecting cigar smokers with some fancy double talk to make a buck on a bunch of cigars that were given to him for FREE!

So let's review this whole thread...

1) FAMOUS SMOKE...the first post he makes he breaks every rule in the CP handbook that Rod so painstakingly outlines in RED.

2) It's based on PROFITEERING that is frowned upon on this website and policed hourly for violators.

3) CIGAHS (in post #6 & #8)...you defended this transgression by commenting that the price set on a free item is correct and you're doing cigar smokers everywhere a favor for offering them to us...shame on you.

Looks like the jury has spoken.

Nice try, you may want to try another Internet cigar forum. Liars & Cheats are not welcome here. Now, if you came here TO GIVE THEM AWAY IN THE MANNER YOU RECEIVED THEM, that would be the gesture of a true BOTL.

PS: Is FAMOUS SMOKE and Cigahs one in the same? If so, you may want to stop while you're behind on this one.

It would seem that he ran this buy his salesman, and not only got a retail price for them but I would assume the go ahead to put them up for auction. Just because Isy got them for free to give out doesn't necessarily mean this guy did. Regardless, the guy is representing a business(if not the owner of one), if you don't like want to pay his price for the product then don't buy it. If you feel like his sale goes against La Aurora policy then talk with them and let us know, otherwise I don't see where the problem is here.

It would seem that he ran this buy his salesman, and not only got a retail price for them but I would assume the go ahead to put them up for auction. Just because Isy got them for free to give out doesn't necessarily mean this guy did. Regardless, the guy is representing a business(if not the owner of one), if you don't like want to pay his price for the product then don't buy it. If you feel like his sale goes against La Aurora policy then talk with them and let us know, otherwise I don't see where the problem is here.

He said he asked Rene and was given a suggested price, since a retail price for this cigar is nowhere to be found. But being a first post, this sale goes against CP. Again, it's written in bold red letters at the top.

He said he asked Rene and was given a suggested price, since a retail price for this cigar is nowhere to be found. But being a first post, this sale goes against CP. Again, it's written in bold red letters at the top.

This is the retailers forum, there are no red letters at the top.

This is the retailers forum, there are no red letters at the top.

Thanks.

Isy, you hit the nail on the head. Here's a guy trying to RAPE unsuspecting cigar smokers with some fancy double talk to make a buck on a bunch of cigars that were given to him for FREE!

1) FAMOUS SMOKE...the first post he makes he breaks every rule in the CP handbook that Rod so painstakingly outlines in RED.

2) It's based on PROFITEERING that is frowned upon on this website and policed hourly for violators.

3) CIGAHS (in post #6 & #8)...you defended this transgression by commenting that the price set on a free item is correct and you're doing cigar smokers everywhere a favor...shame on you.

Nice try, you may want to try another Internet cigar forum. Liars & Cheats are not welcome here. Now, if you came here TO GIVE THEM AWAY IN THE MANNER YOU RECEIVED THEM, that would be the gesture of a true BOTL.

PS: Is FAMOUS SMOKE and Cigahs one in the same? If so, you may want to stop while you're behind on this one.

Famous Smoke and I are not the same person. She (Famous Smoke) just started working here and initiated her first post on CP to inform you of an upcoming deal. She does not deserve the abuse.

FYI, the cigars we got were not 'free'. They were part of a cigar purchase from the manufacturer with the understanding that we would give them away with box purchases. In other words, one way or another, we had to shell out money for them. By offering them at the auction price, we're circumventing the box purchase and letting the customer name their price for a cigar that is not normally distributed in the states.

I think the better question here would be "Are Cigahs and Famous Smoke the same person" since Famous Smoke hasn't responded yet, but cigahs has responded for him.

3) CIGAHS (in post #6 & #8)...you defended this transgression by commenting that the price set on a free item is correct and you're doing cigar smokers everywhere a favor...shame on you.

Famous Smoke and I are not the same person. She (Famous Smoke) just started working here and initiated her first post on CP to inform you of an upcoming deal. She does not deserve the abuse.

FYI, the cigars we got were not 'free'. They were part of a cigar purchase from the manufacturer with the understanding that we would give them away with box purchases. In other words, one way or another, we had to shell out money for them. By offering them at the auction price, we're circumventing the box purchase and letting the customer name their price for a cigar that is not normally distributed in the states.

That's pretty clear cut, thanks for the reply. Not, perhaps, the best business practice, but hey it's your business.

First post sales in the retailer forum are a problem?

First post sales in the retailer forum are a problem?

Nice! Did you need any, Tom?

Status
Not open for further replies.