• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Rare La Aurora Escogidos cigars to be auctioned

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would seem that he ran this buy his salesman, and not only got a retail price for them but I would assume the go ahead to put them up for auction. Just because Isy got them for free to give out doesn't necessarily mean this guy did. Regardless, the guy is representing a business(if not the owner of one), if you don't like want to pay his price for the product then don't buy it. If you feel like his sale goes against La Aurora policy then talk with them and let us know, otherwise I don't see where the problem is here.

He said he asked Rene and was given a suggested price, since a retail price for this cigar is nowhere to be found. But being a first post, this sale goes against CP. Again, it's written in bold red letters at the top.

First post sales in the retailer forum are a problem?

Nice! Did you need any, Tom?

Thanks for the offer. but being in NY and all, unfortunately I can't take advantage of your great deals. I was running low on VSG, down to my last half box, and I picked some up from Famous' Cigar Monster.

It would seem that he ran this buy his salesman, and not only got a retail price for them but I would assume the go ahead to put them up for auction. Just because Isy got them for free to give out doesn't necessarily mean this guy did. Regardless, the guy is representing a business(if not the owner of one), if you don't like want to pay his price for the product then don't buy it. If you feel like his sale goes against La Aurora policy then talk with them and let us know, otherwise I don't see where the problem is here.

He said he asked Rene and was given a suggested price, since a retail price for this cigar is nowhere to be found. But being a first post, this sale goes against CP. Again, it's written in bold red letters at the top.

First post sales in the retailer forum are a problem?

Nice! Did you need any, Tom?

Thanks for the offer. but being in NY and all, unfortunately I can't take advantage of your great deals. I was running low on VSG, down to my last half box, and I picked some up from Famous' Cigar Monster.

Enjoy them, Tom!

We contacted Rene Castaneda, national sales manager, about this some time ago. The retail value posted is what he suggested.

So Rene suggested that the 5 packs are $62.50? But bidding starts at $1...for free cigars.

The auction is designed to sell cigars at what people want to pay for them. Barring a plane ticket to the factory or buying a box to get these for "free", $1 is a pretty decent deal.

Will you be auctioning Tatuaje Black Label Robustos soon as well?

jim

Only if Pete lets us. Otherwise, not likely.

What is it that nobody gets here? Cigahs made it quite clear about his conversation with Señor Casteneda. True, these cigars are given out at the Factory as a "gift" to those who take the tour. They are excellent cigars, and have REAL value. Did you think that because they are normally free at on the factory tour that they were worth nothing? I really didn't want to get in the middle of this, but here goes. Suffice it to say, this is a really good auction item to anyone who's interested for a cigar that, let's just say for sanity's sake, NORMALLY cannot be found in stores. Again, at a $1 starting bid, it's a great opportunity. Nuf said.

How many of you Famous guys are there?!:p I think this is pretty well settled, questions were asked, answers were given, I think it's a good time to move on.

How many of you Famous guys are there?!:p I think this is pretty well settled, questions were asked, answers were given, I think it's a good time to move on.
Power in numbers. :D

But I agree with you. Case closed.

First of all this is the RETAILER forum, not BST. Second, Famous is a PAYING SPONSOR, that means they help pay the bills for CP. As a courtesy I allow non-paying retailers to post here, not too many other high-level communities are this generous. I screen all retailers before accepting them into the sponsorship program to ensure they're legit, and Famous fits our criteria without any problem.

This thread has run its course.

Status
Not open for further replies.