• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

RASS...my first

cigardawg

Though not new to smoking ISOMs, I smoked my first RASS last night. Wow, what a great cigar.

The wrapper was light brown, almost a tan color. It had few veins and a very nice triple-flag cap. The cigar was firm without being over packed. The pre-light nose was very light and the pre-light draw was just about perfect.

The cigar lit easily, the draw staying open and easy. It burned even throughout the smoking experience and stayed cool down to the last 1/2 inch...yes I nearly burned my fingers. There was just no heat. The smoke was plentiful and thick, possessing a medium body that just hung in the air around my head. The aroma was heavenly.

The taste...oh my God...the taste. Initial tastes were very nutty, with some nutmeg or other sweet spice on the tongue. The cigar settled into some coffee and wood flavors, but never lost the toasty/nutty flavors from the first. At the 1/2 way mark, it picked up a little body and the coffee intensified. The cigar finished with some nice wood mingled with the the toasty flavors. This cigar was absolutely fantastic. I might have found a new best friend.

Thank you mrjinglesusa for gifting me the stick.

Ok, I've heard a lot about these and I've never had one. If anybody's got one, lemme know and I'll trade you for it.

Eric

Eshaw99 said:
Ok, I've heard a lot about these and I've never had one. If anybody's got one, lemme know and I'll trade you for it.

Eric
[snapback]169883[/snapback]​

PM sent.

Scot,

Very nice review - you said it better than I could. Glad you liked it as I'm sure you will enjoy the others just as much (if you can keep them away from Carolyn). :p

I don't think there is much chance of that. I only got the one back last night because she was on the phone and distracted. Like I said, she is very spoiled when it comes to cigars. :p

Jingles was gracious enough to gift me one of these ISOM's as well. My palate isn't nearly as evolved as the Dawg's, so we'll leave his review stand alone.

However, I did want to make a few comments;

First-Loved this cigar. Fully of flavor, smooth and cool. Awesome smoke.

Second- the construction of mine wasn't as nice as the others. It went out twice upon sitting for about a minute (which is weird because the draw wasn't too open). Also, it required a correction a little more than midway through.

I can't complain though, it was a fabulous smoke!! Thanks jim!!!

RASS are excellent cigars, there's no question -- young they can be a tad uninteresting, but patience is a virtue...

Instead of starting yet another RASS thread, I decided to just top this one.

I smoked my second RASS lsat night as a sort of celebration of a great weekend.

My first was amazing, so I was a bit worried about smoking another, as it might not live up to the expectations. But it was everything the first one was and more. Wonderful smooth and creamy smoke with a nice balance and complexity.

I can't say enough about these smokes!!!!

Had to revisit this cigar last night..

Have to say enjoyed this one alot more than the other ones I have smoked. I guess age does do alot for these. :thumbs:

Yea can't wait for my box to get a year or two on them. I just have a heck of a time not touching them.

NorCalCigarLover said:
Seems that I enjoy these bad boys more with about a year on them.

:cool:
[snapback]185338[/snapback]​
My RASCC will never see their birthday! '04 box smoked just fine.

Bought a box last year, thought they were ok but still green.

6 months ago the were getting better.

2 months ago they were just fine

I'm staring at the last two in my humi and thinking, DAMN!

Just ordered a box of these! Damn I hope they arrive in good shape, it's a lot of money for me :whistling: But they are really good.

Lemon, if you need to get rid of a few 5ers let us know. :whistling: