• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

RASS

T2P

Green Horn
I recently obtained 3 Ramon Allones Specialty Series sticks from a fellow BOTL. After looking them up online I have my doubts as to whether or not they are authentic. Please provide your opinions. I am reserving my comments in order to prevent swaying you in one direction or another.

gallery_10833_1299_319.jpg

gallery_10833_1299_319.jpg

Very hard to tell from there photo's. I will say the one in the middle has a much better defined crest on th band than the other 2. But I have seen legit RASS that had the dull crest. Best bet is to let someone here with a lot of experience take a look at a coulple of them.

I think that it is just the pic that looks dull. They look legit. I am looking at mine as I type.

Yeah, the bands look fine..How about you post a picture of the whole cigar.

What is it thats making you think they aren't legit.??

My biggest concern was the bands. The one band's embossing is very clean especially in the shield/crown area. There are is distinct definition of these items. Also you can see the single embossed dot on the left of the shield and two embossed dots on the right both of which are in the red of the field. The other two have very little definition of these items. The gold portion of the band is also different between them. The one with the more defined crest is a more consist gold, not really dull but not metallic either. The other two look very metallic and more vibrant gold. Those are the main items that signaled that there may be issues to me.

My biggest concern was the bands. The one band's embossing is very clean especially in the shield/crown area. There are is distinct definition of these items. Also you can see the single embossed dot on the left of the shield and two embossed dots on the right both of which are in the red of the field. The other two have very little definition of these items. The gold portion of the band is also different between them. The one with the more defined crest is a more consist gold, not really dull but not metallic either. The other two look very metallic and more vibrant gold. Those are the main items that signaled that there may be issues to me.

That can happen. The latest picture one of those cigars do not appear to have a triple cap.

Just a cursory glance of the last picture shows the bottom one appearing to be a tad longer than the other two..also a different shape at the head and the band is in a different place and differs slightly in color. Actually though, to me they all appear to be a different length, but it could just be my eyes playing tricks on me. Theres also something about the band on the last one...I can't place exactly what it is..shape is the best way I can describe it, that makes it look different from the other two. I couldn't tell you one way or another about the legitness, but sometimes I have a eye for differences.

I've never seen an embossing that defined on a RASS as the one on top appears to be. Plus the image on the band is not centered. Very suspect.

The lower one in the bottom picture appears to have a single cap, too. The center one appears the best, IMO.

My 2 cents

Thanks for all the input everyone. About the triple cap. They do all have them. The one that looks like a single cap is just the back side. If I were to flip it over there are three distinct leaf edges on the cap. The camera also played tricks on the length. They are the same and I have no clue why the one looks so much longer than the rest because when I stand them on a flat surface on the foot they match up. The one crest is extremely defined compared to the rest.

The thing that concerned me most is that I got a hold of these as a gift for someone and wanted to make sure they were authentic.

BOTL rules #1 and #2. Know your source and never ever gift suspect cigars!

Doc.

Thanks for all the input everyone!

So total noob question here, what distiguishes these from the rest? What flovor notes/profiles give it that "RASS Personality".

The flavor profile to me is like stewed fruit for lack of a better work and raisins and nuts.