• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

RATING EXPERIMENT NO 2

CgarDan

A lot of people like this cigar so here it is

Results

CONSTRUCTIONFLAVORCOMPLEXITYAPPEARANCETOTAL
BLIND RATINGSOUT OF 30OUT OF 40OUT OF 20OUT OF 10OUT OF 100
CigarStone
25​
28​
15​
10​
78​
Pugman1943
30​
36​
17​
10​
93​
Cboukal
28​
35​
18​
9​
90​
cabaiguan juan
25​
36​
18​
9​
88​
lherzolite
20​
30​
10​
10​
70​
Gavin
28​
35​
15​
6​
84​
JoeMO
30​
37​
19​
10​
96​
Nate1977
29​
39​
16​
8​
92​
H.VACHON
28​
38​
15​
9​
90​
drunkfish3
30​
35​
13​
10​
88​
cohibasurfer
28​
38​
18​
8​
92​
Le Primauguet
25​
37​
17​
9​
88​
Smokemorestressless
28​
38​
17​
9​
92​
THINDE
27​
37​
15​
8​
87​
modo22
20​
27​
5​
8​
60​
wingman1974
23​
34​
16​
7​
80​
26.5​
35​
15.25​
8.75​
85.5​
WITH THE BANDS
SKYDIVNEKD
28​
35​
15​
9​
87​
CGARDAN
27​
32​
16​
8​
83​
Eqwhipped
60​
27.5​
33.5​
15.5​
8.5​

Review Notes:

Cigar #2 Score 96 I would guess a Padron

1/30/23 5X46, maduro, 19 degrees in the garage

8:00 - 9:15
Construction (30 so far) and appearance (10) are good. Pretty, dark wrapper. Dry draw is perfect. Hoping for a good smoke.

First third: initial draws and retro-hale - pleasant woody, sweat, and nutty notes, plenty of smoke. Loving the first 5 minutes. Feel like im rushing and over thinking a bit. first inch, all is well, great ash and notes.

2nd third - everything is spot on - notes, ash, smoke, draw, burn, as i search for specific notes. I’m getting some spice notes too. re lit once

3rd third - same, great all around stick. Flavor Profile (37), Complexity (19). Think I could have gone higher on score.

Toothy finish stoked me. I retrohaled this sucka. Dry hay that felt good going out of my face holes.

#2 92.

What was this one? I want to get a few of them!!

Construction 28
, wrapper smoked the whole time, my dry box wasnt as dry as usual. Good ash, cood cone, zero issies.
Flavor peofile: 38, LOVED it, only 3 or 4 draws were not amazing.
Complexity 17, when smoked slowly it had lots of faint nuances. Excellent transitions. The flavors I liked stayed around for good portions.
Esthetics/ appearance: 9. This thing just made want to kick back and smoke it.

Firm, full of leaves, but great draw.

Small, dark, bitter. Just how i like my women... hahaha. Dark wrapper, toothy, veiney. Screams smoke meee!!

Cold draw Cocoa, citrus.

Familiar taste, can't place it. Smooth, earthy, velvetish pete. Sunatra wrapper????

Some pepper bite after, very contrasting to the other flavor. Blends well after 2 more puffs.

Slightly uneven burn, but staying steady with no corrections. Didn't even need to lick the wrapper. Strong white/ gray ash.

I think this is over humidified, the wrapper smokes like a chimney even when it's sitting. , need to check the dry box rh. Rh at 70%, time to swap the boveda. Earthy, lovin it. Bang, nuts just showed up, not my crazy ex, some nice rich tasty nuts. Peanut, almond. Maybe a hint of shortcake. Almost sweetish on aftertaste. I frequently wonder: is what i taste driven by reality or am i full of shit. This blind rating should help me figure that out. Unless we are all full of shit. Oh man, now I'm just getting philosophical.

Cinnamon, sweetness. Almost a cinnamon butter. Damn, this stick is a joyride. And not a highschool joyride driven by 40oz of OE and some kiwi starwberry MD20/20. A joyride along the coast of southern italy in a convertible with a pretty coed. Damn, that's one vote for I'm full of shit.

Really enjoying this but I meed to slow my roll. Whoever said don't put leaves in your mouth was dead wrong.

Slightly salty, citrus. Not bitter at all. Packs a punch at the end. Smokin to the nub on this gem. 1 hour. This will go in the rotation.

This was an excellent cigar! Thank you for doing this it should be a lot of fun!

2nd #2. 88 points
Construction 25 points As I could find only the slightest imperfections.

Flavor profile 28 points Prelite draw tasted strong, first inch was strong as well. Mellowed out, possibly a Tatuaje? Reminded me of the original La Riqueza. It maintained a slight bitter taste but was overall very enjoyable.

Complexity 15 points This cigar got more mellow and rich as it went.

Esthetics/appearance 20 as this cigar drew perfectly, burned perfectly, and had a perfect White ash.

Appearance: 9

Construction: 25 slight unraveling at the cap with a V cut.

Flavor profile: 37 thoroughly enjoyable smoke

Complexity: 17

Cant wait to find out what this one is. Great smoke.

#2 - Overall score: 90

Construction - 28. Clean cap. Great draw. Slightly loose seams.

Flavor - 38. Earth and cream, slight leather. Cedar. Natural tobacco.

Complexity - 15. 1/2 mark, no changes. Medium body. Final third. More woody and earth notes. No other change

Appearance - 9. Smooth matte wrapper. Even pack.

I have a guess at what this is, (Tat Noella) but idk if that was even in the list, so I could be way off

Total - 70
Construction - 20
Flavor profile - 30
Complexity - 10
Esthetics/appearance - 10

Prelight leather, and earthy smell
1/3 little sweetness, wet earth, woody, cinnamon; sweet and oily aftertaste
2/3 woody, cinnamon; and oily aftertaste; sweetness has evolved to something more tangy; struggled to keep lit
3/3 more of the same; perhaps more wood and slightly bitter; leathery
I liked the stick. Full bodied; full strength

#2 =92
Construction 29
Flavor 39
Complexity 16
Apperance 8

Wrapper was lumpy and vein protrusions.
Nuts , floral notes , spices and notes I couldn't place my fingers on.

Apperance reminded me of a padron.

Esthetics/Appearance : 9/10
- Great presentation, band, ribbon and foot band gave it a "high price" look.

Construction : 28/30
- Dark oily looking wrapper, almost perfect. Sharp lines at the foot. Seamless looking with very minor imperfections. Great cap and no gaps in the foot.

Flavor : 35/40
- Pre-light had a sweet note with tobacco background. Nice medium draw. Slight spice on the lips.
- First 1/3 : Leather with a touch of bitter flavor. Good amount of smoke and perfect draw. Very spicy on retrohale.
- Second 1/3 : Cool draw with ample smoke. Flavors smoothed out a bit with a slight spice on retro.
- Final 1/3 : Spiciness mellowed a bit, razor sharp burn with one relight. Good earthy flavor with slight leather on retro.

Complexity : 15/20
- This was a great tasting stick with full flavors on the front end, and then progresses throughout but with softening flavors. The stick never got boring andwas enjoyable to the nub.

I truly enjoyed this tick and would buy more in the future.

Appearance = 8 of 10
Construction = 28 of 30
Flavor = 38 of 40
Complexity = 18 of 20

Total = 92

First Off I love the size.
Dark wrapper no visible seams.

Very nice sweetness on the light. Coco notes up front. Has a nutty note that whips into a vanilla custard with swaths of cinnamon/nutmeg spice. This is a good one. It's my 3rd cigar of the day after a beef and potato and salsa burrito. Holding up really well. I'm thinking it has some Brazilian tobacco in it as a binder and maybe a Sumatran wrapper? Or visa versa. The construction is top notch. Even burn, excellent draw, white ash.

2/3 I get some black coffee and still lots of coco/milk chocolate and the spice moves to a mild black pepper. The retro has some Anise that lingers after the pepper. Nice transition there. I'm sipping cold creamer coffee with it. Pairs excellent. I'm only 1/2 way in and I'm going to say... it's edging out the Number 5 for the top cigar for my taste. The nuttiness comes out as Almond now.
Starting the last 3rd and the sweetness is back again in front and the spice is back to the baking kind... it does have pops of bitterness (in a good way) that swing in and out. Espresso type. Losing most of the spice, but it comes back in and out. Towards the last 10-12 puffs I get some toasted bread and peppered gravy then back to milk chocolate with red pepper flakes. No I'm not hungry. It is what it is. What a nice ride. OK.... I want some.

smell was sweet tobacco
punch cut
dry hit was
1st third
Leather, cedar, sweet tobacco,
latex, burnt paper... the taste degraded pretty bad here.
second third.
dry, fire cured tobacco
Last third,
Construction was very good
Score 60

FINAL REVEAL :

Purchase site: CigarKing
Purchase price: $6.75
Cigar: Undercrown 10 Maduro Factory Floor Corona Viva
Cigar Aficionado Rating Link https://www.cigaraficionado.com/ratings/23101/name/undercrown-10-corona-viva-odd

So the Undercrown 10 Maduro is different than the Undercrown maduro?

How did I miss this??? This is awesome though, very nice work dan!

This was my favorite of the group. It was the first one I smoked and after smoking the rest, I wanted to raise my rating!

Awesome project!

Got a box on Neptune with 17% off for $151.45 after tax and shipping.