• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Re-Attaching Bands

Toaster

Puff Puff Pass v2.0 2004
Ok, in light of this thread, we're justing using this scenario as a just in case kinda thing ;)

Let's say- you get some cigars in. And the personal who GIFTED them to you forgot to put the bands on, and later sends you the original bands. How do you guys put the bands on?

*NOTE: I HAVE PERSONALLY NEVER DONE THIS, NOR HAD THIS HAPPEN TO ME.

I would probably use a little bit of glue stick- the kinds your kids use in school...

And has anyone ever had an issue with, when/if bands arrive- and intact (ie: not ripped apart- still glued together in a circle), them not fitting properly? (too loose or too tight)

Just curious ;)

(if you don't want to add to this thread- feel free to pm me :))

When the bands arrive intact, then I usually just slip them over the cigar and back into place. problem solved there.

As far as putting bands that were ripped off of you cigar back onto it. I have heard of people using glue (the sticks you were describing, and other) but I would be worried that the smell of the glue would infiltrate my cigars. we are always so very carefull when it comes to what glue's we use inside our humodors and I think that elmers glue or a glue stick would smell too much. Aside from that one worry, I don't see a more efficient way.

I personally don't re-attach any bands, I just use blank bands and make sure that I label them properly.

Phil

I use a little dab of Elmer's white glue. You won't get any foul odor from that and you just need a very small amount ;)

I found this worked best with the bands that Clown made for me that were in his pass.

I use a glue stick. I never get any smell or residual taste problems.

Mucelage (sp)

No real smell and a dab will stick any paper together. I recently had this problem ( I don't like to put the original bands back on) cause there were some rather expensive cigars I wanted to have the bands for.

That is what I used. Worked great with the smallest dab.

Phil

If, hypothetically, I would purchase cigars without bands, I would put a small label on the box or cabinet that has the brand, name, age (box code), and price I paid.

If, hypothetically, I would gift cigars without bands, I would slip them into a single cigar bag and write that data on the bag in marker.

If, hypothetically, I would trade/sell cigars without bands, I'd make sure the other person knew it beforehand.