• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Reading thread

Just purchased- haven't read any pages yet :)(): The last true story i'll ever tell: An accidental Soldier's account of the war in Iraq. by John Crawford

Tim- dont take offense to this! I've read MANY books written by soldier/authors from WWII and Vietnam, writing about their experiences and the things that they had to endure to get back home safely. I didn't choose this book b/c I'm for or against the war, but I feel as though I barely know what people my age are going through over there. I've formed an opinion based on news articles and news footage, its about time I get some REAL INFO. So again, please don't take offense bro....I cannot tell you how much I appreciate what you and your buddies are doing for our country over there. :thumbs:

Now why in the world would I take offense? I stay away from books like that, hell I have been there, donr that, got the shirt...dont need to read about it.
Same reason I do not watch to many Army/War movies. Last one was Saving Private Ryan.....

Reading Angels and Demons by Dan Brown(Prequel to The Da Vinci Code)... Can't hardly seem to put it down...

I read this book in one sitting, a long 18 hour sitting, but I never put it down...It is much better IMHO than Da Vinci.

Tim

Currently reading Stephen Kings 'Dark Tower' series (on book III: The Wastelands). Also reading Daniel Negreanu's 'Hold'em Wisdom For All Players'.

Have you read The Theory of Poker?

No, not yet. Is it any good? I know that Sklansky is one of the authorities in the game, but I haven't talked to anyone who's read it yet. I think that may be next on the list. Still trying to also keep up with Phil Gordon's "Little Blue Book" and "Little Green Book" as well. :)

I'm still fighting with A Feast For Crows. Martin sure takes his sweet time building tension, and after the awesome release at the end of A Storm of Swords I'm having some trouble getting through the 4th book. It doesn't help that some of my favoirte characters are not in it...

Is Dance of Dragons actually coming out in October?
If so I had better get (re)cracking on Crows!!!

I had faulty information, it was a different Geroge R.R. Martin book being released in October so you still have time to meander along through the current one.

I just finished Broken Prey - John Sandford and Black Wind - Clive Cussler. I will start Hour Game - David Baldacci in the morning. I have never read one of his books.

One of my all time favorite "light read" authors. nothing better that a good Dirk Pitt yarn. This is usually my airplane/travel reading.

I just finished Milton's Paradise Lost, and now I'm starting Dave Ramsey's Total Money Makeover. I'm also reading a lot of thoroughly boring text books. It seems like every minute that I'm not at work or in a lecture I'm reading a book. I had a list of books to read over the summer while I had the time. Sadly, I hardly made a dent in the list and reality is back to crack the whip for a few more months.

D

Currently reading Seperation of Power by Vince Flynn. He's one of those authors like Grisham that I can read anything he writes.

Currently reading Seperation of Power by Vince Flynn. He's one of those authors like Grisham that I can read anything he writes.
Love Vince Flynn. I can't wait until the next one comes out.

I just started re-reading all of the Prey series by John Sandford. I love his writing and this is a great series.

I also recently finished 1776 by David McCullough. A great look into the history of that fateful year and the men that fought for independence.

I've recommended The Road by Cormac McCarthy to quite a few folks. It won this year's Pulitzer, which was probably a no-brainer for them this year.

I just finished reading McCarthy's No Country for Old Men, and loved it. If the movie is done correctly, the Anton Chigurh character might go down as the most horrible movie villian of all time. The Coen Brothers are doing it, so it should be good. The Road is next up for me.

I'm still fighting with A Feast For Crows. Martin sure takes his sweet time building tension, and after the awesome release at the end of A Storm of Swords I'm having some trouble getting through the 4th book. It doesn't help that some of my favoirte characters are not in it...

I had the exact same feelings about that book. Martin is a tremendous writer, but man...that last book drug on just a little too long.

I've recommended The Road by Cormac McCarthy to quite a few folks. It won this year's Pulitzer, which was probably a no-brainer for them this year.

I just finished reading McCarthy's No Country for Old Men, and loved it. If the movie is done correctly, the Anton Chigurh character might go down as the most horrible movie villian of all time. The Coen Brothers are doing it, so it should be good. The Road is next up for me.

I had the exact same feelings about that book. Martin is a tremendous writer, but man...that last book drug on just a little too long.

No Country for Old Men is next on my list. You're going to love The Road. As a father of two young boys...the plot had me from page 1.

Lately, I do most of my reading on my phone (Treo 700P) from ebooks I download for free from various sources. I recently read through most of the travel tales from Mark Moxon.

I get a lot of stuff from Memoware and The Gutenberg Library.

I'm currently reading "Three men in a boat (to say nothing of the dog)" by J.K Jerome.

For the last 10 years or so, I've been on a non-fiction kick. I was a member of the Military Book Club for a while. Prior to that, I read a ton of science fiction.