• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Real Cuban?

Gipper76

A buddy of mine just got back from a cruise he went on over Spring Break this past week and he brought me back a Cuban cigar. While I know you guys can't touch it, smell it, feel it, etc to see if its real I wonder if you can tell me by what it came in. It came in a silver tube that says "PUNCH Habana, Cuba" on it and then it has an emblem on it with the word PUNCH in it again. Had anyone had a Cuban cigar from a tube like this?

Jason

A buddy of mine just got back from a cruise he went on over Spring Break this past week and he brought me back a Cuban cigar. While I know you guys can't touch it, smell it, feel it, etc to see if its real I wonder if you can tell me by what it came in. It came in a silver tube that says "PUNCH Habana, Cuba" on it and then it has an emblem on it with the word PUNCH in it again. Had anyone had a Cuban cigar from a tube like this?

Jason

Odds are they're fake if he bought on a cruise. Here's a very helpful link that should be pinned, Moki's advice for Cuban Cigar Buyers

I've seen tubes that are authentic looking while the bands were clearly fake. Take a picture of the cigar and a closeup of the band and post it.

Good decent smokes. Light it up and see what you think. If you've never had a Cuban before, don't worry if its fake or not, thank your buddy and just smoke it and enjoy it. If you're thinking about getting more, then definitely check with the BOTLs on this board. You'll be able to get quite a lot of advice and information.

Here are some pics. This is the best I could do with my camera phone (digi doesn't work)

So you have a genuine tube..... LOL!

As has been said, most cigars picked up by cruizers are fake. If you don't know the source forget about if its real or not. Smoke it and be done with it.

So you have a genuine tube..... LOL!

As has been said, most cigars picked up by cruizers are fake. If you don't know the source forget about if its real or not. Smoke it and be done with it.

Its already been noted that its a genuine tube...I was just told to post some pics and I did the best I could. I realize it is probably a fake but I thought I'd check with you guys. Nothing funny about it but thanks to those that helped.

Sorry, didn't see where it was noted that the tube was genuine. :cool: Of course my point was packaging does not make a cigar cuban. Fakes are packaged in real havana boxes with real bands all the time.

Actually it is quite funny to many. We see this all the time, people not knowing the source of a cigar and wanting to know thru pictures if its real. Long story short, you can't tell positively from pictures. You can tell the bad fakes pretty easy but I've seen some pretty damn good fakes before that I wouldn't have known just from looking at.... and it was in hand.

No offense, just the way it is. If you don't know the source the only real proof is smoking it. :thumbs:

Sorry, didn't see where it was noted that the tube was genuine. :cool: Of course my point was packaging does not make a cigar cuban. Fakes are packaged in real havana boxes with real bands all the time.

Actually it is quite funny to many. We see this all the time, people not knowing the source of a cigar and wanting to know thru pictures if its real. Long story short, you can't tell positively from pictures. You can tell the bad fakes pretty easy but I've seen some pretty damn good fakes before that I wouldn't have known just from looking at.... and it was in hand.

No offense, just the way it is. If you don't know the source the only real proof is smoking it. :thumbs:

Oh I know this. Pics can't do much but I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask some of you guys. I've had a real cuban before but this one doesn't look cuban to me. Oh well, got a free cigar from a buddy :thumbs:

tube looks authentic, band doesn't... at least from what I can see.
I can tell you this, it looks very similar to a "punch PC" that someone brought back for me from gibralter.
She also brought back a RyJ PC which did happen to be real. This Punch doesn't look right though.

all this over a $5 cigar? :laugh: :sign:

If it's real, it's an alright cigar anyways. Smoke it or take better pics of the cap and cigar so we could have a better idea. I smoked through a box of these a couple of months ago as dailys and they were "alright" at best.

That band is correct for that cigar.

I am interested on how you came to this conclusion, especially considering the quality of the pictures. Uness by correct you just mean correct style, and not authentic.

That band is correct for that cigar.

I am interested on how you came to this conclusion, especially considering the quality of the pictures. Uness by correct you just mean correct style, and not authentic.

I would assume he meant correct style. Can't see much other then a blurry brown band in that pic.

Bob

I've seen those before and that is what they look like.

I also went did a search for that cigar out of the tube and that is what it looks like in the picture I found.

Gipper send me an email and I'll send you a couple of pictures of the cigar and band.

johnfsjohn @ netscape . net

Here are some pics. This is the best I could do with my camera phone (digi doesn't work)

I would say it's fake. Real coobans don't levitate like that one in the pic. YMMV.

"Yup, that band looks exactly like mine and so does the cigar. Thanks for the pics", Gipper76 in reply to my email.

And here from Hoss on another forum,

"Thanks for the snapshot, John.

I looked it up also and noted that although MRN states that those are the older style bands, he also says that the tubos have kept this design since the 40's. That's why it has that band."

J