• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Real or Counterfeit?

Fake. Wrong band for the Supremos. Font is off and spacing between dots wrong. Top row of dots cut, wrong color gold on the EL label and size looks wrong but hard to tell from picture. What's the ring gauge and length?

Hellafake, for all the reasons said above, though I barely got past the top row of dots cut.....oh, and the band is wrong entirely.

Wyatt/Josh,

Tough to tell on the Cuban cigar website reference, but is there always a black line above the last row of white squares? I thought so but it almost looks like some vitolas show the same cut-off black line shown above? Just curious if that is always a tell-tale sign or if it depends on vitola.

Wyatt/Josh,

Tough to tell on the Cuban cigar website reference, but is there always a black line above the last row of white squares? I thought so but it almost looks like some vitolas show the same cut-off black line shown above? Just curious if that is always a tell-tale sign or if it depends on vitola.

That's a good point. As I look at some of my references, they do get awfully close to the top of the squares. I thought for sure there is a slight black buffer between the top squares and where it's cut.

What I noticed in the first picture though, was if you follow the top squares all the way...it appears there is a black buffer above the "A" in Cohiba....but not above the "O" in Cohiba. If that's the case, then the band was cut in a sloppy manner/crooked and would draw suspicion....which then has you move on to other inconsistencies.

I saw these in a reputable cigar store in Rio where I usually shop for Brazilian cigars. I explained to the owner that the actual 2014 was a 58 gauge robustos suprema and the band should have a gold band at the top. This stick is about a 50.

In spite of the obvious flaws, I was surprised at how detailed the band was. They have come a long way since the glass top Cohibas.

It is nice to see we (Cigarpass) still have some excellent detectives.

I saw these in a reputable cigar store in Rio where I usually shop for Brazilian cigars. I explained to the owner that the actual 2014 was a 58 gauge robustos suprema and the band should have a gold band at the top. This stick is about a 50.

In spite of the obvious flaws, I was surprised at how detailed the band was. They have come a long way since the glass top Cohibas.

It is nice to see we (Cigarpass) still have some excellent detectives.

Should be the new Cohiba hologram band too right? I haven't had any Supremos, but i believe it has the new band.

Should be the new Cohiba hologram band too right? I haven't had any Supremos, but i believe it has the new band.

I know the hologram is on the recent Behike's, but the Indian head should certainly have been on the band of the 2014 EL.

The gold bands above and below,like in the pic Puros Locos posted,are missing. The size/vitola looks off. Did you smoke it? How did it smoke?

There was an article from Cohiba months back acknowledging the fake issue. They stated the new band would have a hologram of the bust they use. Further stated was a real box from ISO would be burned in on the back, not painted on, actual burn into the wood. Then of course there is the SA Habanos sticker placed across the opening as additional insurance.

The pic from Puros kind of nails the coffin dead. They must spend a lot of effort to try and fake these, all that work even a MEX wages isn't free.

Too bad Dugly, hope you got them cheap and they make for a decent yard gar.

Last edited:
There was an article from Cohiba months back acknowledging the fake issue. They stated the new band would have a hologram of the bust they use. Further stated was a real box from ISO would be burned in on the back, not painted on, actual burn into the wood. Then of course there is the SA Habanos sticker placed across the opening as additional insurance.

The pic from Puros kind of nails the coffin dead. They must spend a lot of effort to try and fake these, all that work even a MEX wages isn't free.

Too bad Dugly, hope you got them cheap and they make for a decent yard gar.

I was just looking. I generally smoke Brazilian sticks when I visit.