• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Reccomendations for a Travel Humi?

stepthirteen

Either get busy living, or get busy dying
I have wanted to purchase a nice travel humidor for some time now, but there are so many to choose from it has made it dificult for me to decide. I have been looking at one called stogie stow that holds 50 sticks. Does anyone have any feedback to offer? Any suggestions for one to take a look at and where to purchase it? Thanks!

Step

What are you going to use it for? How much does it need to hold?

D

I have a travel humidor that our shop sells, but it only holds a 5'er. Not sure what kinda trip your going on to even need a 50ct. but the 5ct takes care of my everyday needs.

What are you going to use it for? How much does it need to hold?

D

Well a couple of times a year a bunch of us go camping for like 5 or 6 days and I need one that will hold alot of sticks because alot of those guys like to smoke when camping, but do not have many good sticks of their own. I bring several good ones for them to choose from. Anyway with seven or eight guys that meens a 50 count will more than meet my needs. I just want a good one that protects the stogies well.

Step

I have a travel humidor that our shop sells, but it only holds a 5'er. Not sure what kinda trip your going on to even need a 50ct. but the 5ct takes care of my everyday needs.

I thought about a smaller count, but it just seems better to get the bigger one because then there is not issues with space. Thanks for the info. :)

Step

Cheap route is a large Lock 'n Lock type plastic container. I've got a couple of those. Even a small Igloo cooler with some beads would work.

If you want something sold as a Humidor, Cigarmony.com has a 50ct >here<.

Cheap route is a large Lock 'n Lock type plastic container. I've got a couple of those. Even a small Igloo cooler with some beads would work.

If you want something sold as a Humidor, Cigarmony.com has a 50ct >here<.

Thanks so much for the link. I will go there and check it out.

Step

My personal choice given your use would be an otterbox if I could live with less storage. If not, I would go with the one JHolmes posted. The Lock 'n Lock type that he mentioned also work fine. I actually use one of those as my herfdor.

D

My personal choice given your use would be an otterbox if I could live with less storage. If not, I would go with the one JHolmes posted. The Lock 'n Lock type that he mentioned also work fine. I actually use one of those as my herfdor.

D

Thanks DK! Yes it is important to me to maintain the integrity of the sticks. I have jad issues in the past with the sticks just not being right and it tends to ruin my smoke experience.

Step

I am kinda in the same boat. I'm looking for a travel humi that can fit 20-30 sticks. I was looking at the X-Treme 30-50 count travel humidor from cigarmony. Any of you guys use this model, and if you do, how do you like it?

You can get Pelican cases also which are just as tough/reliable as otter boxes
good deals on different sizes here

Another vote for Otterbox.

I have a two-fer for daily take alongs and a 15 ct for extended trips. I got mine from a B&M near where I used to work. The price was close to mail order when you figured shipping.

You could go with a rubbermaid type container also.

Stepthirteen,
The Otterboxes are great little units, altough they don't hold the number you need. You could get more than one though as they are pretty small and light. They are also rugged and waterproof and they are a great value for the money.
I carry the 2-stick, 5-stick, 10-stick and 15-stick units if you are interested.

SouthsideCigar.com

Dave

You might also check on the evil C-Bid site that auctions off cigars and cigar accessories. (this is the auction side of cigarsinternational.com) There are some great deals here, but some yutzes bid higher than retail for items. As long as you use at least a minimal amount of logic and restraint, it is a worthwhile tool.

I have one of those plastic locking travel humidors that I scored off Craigslist for 10 bucks - like new! However, when I was researching it, I found that sporting goods/outdoors stores carry waterproof boxes for camping/fishing for a lot less than what most charge for the travel humidor. They are basically the same thing minus a humidification device - and considering the things have an air-tight lock, it wouldn't take much of a humidifier to do the job.

This has been mentioned before, but this is probably the best form of storage for traveling. I use bubble wrap and a small tube of beads with it.

Lock & Lock