• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Recent events...

Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as the moderators "moderate" across the board and don't act like Davey, I don't think there will be a problem.

Will there be an impeachment process, if the power does go to someones head?

Rod says, "you're fired"?

LOL.

Sorry, Rod combs his hair back, points his finger and says, "you're fired"

trump-youre-fired.jpg

I've seen Rod in person and his hair isn't as cool as the Donald's.

I hope the moderators place principles before personalities. If so, all will be well. :thumbs:

Rod can I be a Mod ???????? You know how stable and balanced and fair I can be :laugh:

It seems that all that is needed is an enforcement of the rules. If new members have an issue with the rules they should join other cigar forums. I just see too many new members that don't understand the culture here and want to put their stamp here without paying dues.

Do we go to Rod every time someone steps on the rules? A definitive maybe, I know I report some of the more serious missteps. Rod has a life to live, he shouldn't be a wet nurse to a bunch of immature frat boys. I respect many of the long time members here because they care about Cigar Pass. Do I agree with every way some of them operate or chose to call someone out? No, but most times they are watching out for your best interest. They cull the herd of the wolf in sheep's clothing or the misguided. I know quite a few who have had a misstep initially and have become productive members here.

It seems that every six to nine months we have little melt downs along the way. It is to be expected as Cigar Pass gets larger we will see people coming here from other forums and they will try to bring their views on how things should be. Is it right or wrong? Time usually tells on those things. My personal opinion and it is not worth much is I hate moderation by committee, it never works and alienates the members. There has to be a top dog and his rules are the way. He does need help, but there are other ways to help.

That is my little spin on it, but my promise to Rod is to support him as much as I can. This place has and is a great place. The friends I have made here are awesome and I hope to make many new ones over the year. As in all things in life YMMV!

My bet is that most of those that are whining about the way things are, won't even be here next year... :rolleyes:

Rod, out of curiosity, how many "Report" threads head your way on a given day? If that is the issue that is time consuming and making you want to drink heavily, maybe setting up someone as a filter to weed through the trivial reports and pass along the important ones to you so that you can only deal with those might be part of the answer. Just a thought.

WAIT... "Killer Angels"... naw that's too cool for a guy with a pocket protector. Never mind.

NA

Now hold on just a minute, you got something there. :thumbs: If Rob's gonna call 'em "Killer Angles" I want in on that:

KillerAngelLady.jpg

I think I'm gonna go fix my sig tag...

I'd be willing to bet that if you look back at all the guys we've called out over the years, 99% of them deserved what they got and were in fact guilty of scamming, taking advantage of, selling and trading fakes, etc.

Rod can I be a Mod ???????? You know how stable and balanced and fair I can be :laugh:
Kevin7 would make a great Killer Angel. :thumbs:

He's been around cigar boards longer than CP has even been in existence. He's a perfect person to enforce the rules fairly and even evenhandedly. :cool:

Another thought about Killer Angels:

I'd bet hundreds of people would have insisted and demanded that Ginseng be a "Killer Angel" if you had posed this question to the community last summer. I would have been in the huge minority along with Neal and told y'all that he's an egotistical, emotional, unstable a$$hat and I would have been spurned, shunned and scorned.

What ever happened to him anyway? I thought he was banned but he doesn't show up on the membership list as banned.

Oh yeah, he's "moderating" elsewhere, I wonder how that's going? :laugh:

Another thought about Killer Angels:

I'd bet hundreds of people would have insisted and demanded that Ginseng be a "Killer Angel" if you had posed this question to the community last summer. I would have been in the huge minority along with Neal and told y'all that he's an egotistical, emotional, unstable a$hat and I would have been spurned, shunned and scorned.

What ever happened to him anyway? I thought he was banned but he doesn't show up on the membership list as banned.

Oh yeah, he's "moderating" elsewhere, I wonder how that's going? :laugh:

Bill - This is exactly this type of behavior that I'm referring to. Your account has been suspended for 72 hrs.

Lee - You're welcome to join in with the community; however if your visits are only drama related, I suggest moving on.

Status
Not open for further replies.