• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Recomendations for a newb

No source info please...

I'm a new cigar smoker and enjoy the sweeter mild to medium sticks. Not knowing much-to-anything about ISOM choices, I'm looking for recomendations.

What sticks are too mellow and sweet for you FOGs? :whistling:

The best recommendation I can give is to go out and get yourself a big bag full of Chill. As a new smoker who has not yet experienced the thousands of cigars out there not from Cuba there's no need to go here. There are so many other cigars out there that are more easily attainable that are worth trying.

Brand new cigar smokers who can't wait to get their hands on Cuban Cigars are one of the most frequent causes of counterfeit cigars entering our community.

Oh yeah, also try using the search function, because you're probably the 412th new member to ask this same question over the years. :laugh:

The best recommendation I can give is to go out and get yourself a big bag full of Chill. As a new smoker who has not yet experienced the thousands of cigars out there not from Cuba there's no need to go here. There are so many other cigars out there that are more easily attainable that are worth trying.

Brand new cigar smokers who can't wait to get their hands on Cuban Cigars are one of the most frequent causes of counterfeit cigars entering our community.

Oh yeah, also try using the search function, because you're probably the 412th new member to ask this same question over the years. :laugh:

<----linky

In addition to what Andy said there is nothing magical about "Cuban Cigars". Just like every other cigar origin in the world they have everything from junk to greatness and you will likely experience more junk in the process of finding greatness due to the volume of counterfeits out there as well as the inflated prices.

Try Quai d'Orsay. They have a reputation of being "mild" but I think they have lots of flavor. Definitely a great morning cigar.

I would start with some of the smaller sticks like the Cohiba Siglo I, Trini Reyes, Le Hoyo Du Prince, Ramon Allones Small Club Corona, and Montecristo No 5.

For mild-meduim cuban cigars I would go for any of the following:

Quay D'Orsay
Romeo y Julieta Coronitas en Cedro
Montecristo #3 or #4
Cuaba Divinos
Bolivar Gold Medal

I've tried these so far and I've put them in order of "MY" preference:

Cohiba Siglo I (will substitute with Trinidad Reyes - very similar in taste)
Trinidad Reyes (Will carry these in humidor for sure)
Montecristo #5
Romeo Y Julieta Tubos 1
Ramon Allones Small Club Corona
Partagas Coronas Junior
Arturo Fuente Special Selection (Curly Head)
COHIBA (from Domenican - sucks)