• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Recomendations for a Small Bowl?

cuppajack

I'm looking to pick up a small pipe for when I don't have the time to sit and enjoy a full bowl.

Anybody have a smallish pipe recommendation?

Or do you just pack a 1/2 bowl in your favorite pipe?

I've seen some smaller-pipes around, but I worry about their quality as many look like they were designed with another leaf in mind...

I'm looking to pick up a small pipe for when I don't have the time to sit and enjoy a full bowl.

Anybody have a smallish pipe recommendation?

Or do you just pack a 1/2 bowl in your favorite pipe?

I've seen some smaller-pipes around, but I worry about their quality as many look like they were designed with another leaf in mind...

Currently, I just pack less in the bowl. However, unlike a cigar, I can come back and finish a bowl the next day, no problem. Boswell has many small bowl pipes. One in particular I've had my eye on, it is a fisherman's pipe, small bowl a metal screen over the bowl and a small chain to attach to a button hole. The idea being you can smoke while fishing and if you get a bite you can drop it from your mouth without a problem. I'll have to get a picture of it next time I'm over there. It is on my list. :rolleyes:

Ya know, on Monday I'd never even heard of or paid any attention to Boswell Pipes.

Now its Friday and I'm making a wishlist...

The smaller cobs are good for a pretty quick smoke. There are also quite a few meers out there with pretty small bowls.

I'm going to have to see this Fisherman Pipe. Sounds like it's right up my alley!

The smaller cobs are good for a pretty quick smoke.

I just got one of these in the mail w/ a couple of tins of tobacco I haven't treid yet (Grey havens And Frog Morton on the town) and the thing is COMICALLY small. So small that my tamper just BARLEY fits into the bowl (the diameter of the bowl is about 1/2 inch)... It seriously looks more like a novelty pipe, a snowman prop, or something to whip-out at a Dead show than a legitimate tobacco smoking instrument...

But I'll give it a shot!

I'd like to just mention that I've (at times) pulled up to a day old cigar I've *let go out* and it's been fine.

This is by no means a threadjack, and it's not a '100% trick' but it's worth the experience.

Carry on...

~R

Any reliable vendor that describes a pipe as "Group 2 or smaller", you can be pretty sure that it's a small bowled pipe.

I'd like to just mention that I've (at times) pulled up to a day old cigar I've *let go out* and it's been fine.

This is by no means a threadjack, and it's not a '100% trick' but it's worth the experience.

Carry on...

~R

That has not been my EXPERIENCE! I suppose it depends how far into it you were and where it was left. I've never found a cigar to be as good after any more than an hour of down time.

Cuppajack,

Contact Al (puffstuff). I was in his shop earlier today and noted some nice small bowl pipes that weren't expensive (all under $40 if I recall). The pipes themselves have average sized stems so they are not compact, but the bowls are small.

TampaSupremo